Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Everyone

I am studying for my Bachelor of Education Degree at Cape Breton University this year. I am involved in a group project with a Chemistry major and a Biology major. We are doing a project on the effects of acid rain in Nova Scotia with regards to Chemistry and Biology. We would also like to include some information on the lime dozer project on the West River Sheet Harbor. If anyone out there has any links to online resources they could share with us on here we would greatly appreciate it. If you have any articles or other relevant information that needs to be emailed you can send them here:

edy(@)ns.sympatico.ca

Take out the parenthesis. I put those in the keep from getting spammed.

My contribution is to write and perform a song about this subject. So as well if anyone knows the names of some pools and runs on the West River Sheet Harbor, legendary fisherman, and stories regarding the river, fishing, and the surrounding area it would be much appreciated if you could take the time to share them with me.

Thanks
Ed Woodsworth

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone knows the names of any pools or runs on the West River Sheet Harbor I would greatly appreciate it. Also and names and stories of old time salmon anglers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Ed,
I've been tryin to find pool infos on that river (ya know me, i'm curious) and there's nothing online, it's crazy! I'll talk to few buddies of mine, maybe they know something...good luck

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks flychick! I have had little success online as well. I need to write a song on the West River Sheet Harbor and the liming project to save the fishery. Some pool names would be nice. Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey everyone I wrote a song for the West River Sheet Harbor Acid Mitigation Project. You can find it Here:
Ed Woodsworth

It is called "Last Chance For West River Sheet Harbor."

Other songs fishermen may like on here are "Fly Fishing for Bullfrogs" and "River of Dreams."

Enjoy!

·
1,353 Posts
Well done Ed!! Good to see the education project is moveing on. You enjoying it? You should send a pm to "Salar aka George or 415Bass aka Eddie" They are the guys who have the straight poop!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Perry

The education program is going great. I am learning soooo much! I hope the fishing is good for you down your way!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts