Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I taught myself to tie flies a lot of years sgo , now i've heard things about a dubbing loop , what is it and how do you do it ?I use dubbing alot and would like to know if it makes a more durrable fly , or is it easier or just what is the deal?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi JS
Paul Marriners pamplet on UNI products - How to Choose & Use Fly-tying Thread goes into dubbing, loops and so on. It is a store house of info.
Not sure of the cost but it isn't much. see www.galesendpress.com
for more info.
Paul

·
Registered
23 Posts
I taught myself to tie flies a lot of years sgo , now i've heard things about a dubbing loop , what is it and how do you do it ?I use dubbing alot and would like to know if it makes a more durrable fly , or is it easier or just what is the deal?
Im pretty sure your reffering to the loop used in dubbing flies. All it is ,is a tied in loop of waxed(prefferable)thread in which you insert your dubbing and then by twisting the loop by means of a loop twister or just by your fingers . Then you can wrap up your body!
For me it definantly makes a more durable better looking fly especially if you tease or comb the dubbing, also by adding some cement along your fly hook first also helps securing the dubbing.

·
457 Posts
my advise would be to hit youtube
i know the oliver edwards videos are on there and hes uses a dubbing loop on some of the flies does in them
and also just doing a search for dubbing loop should give you lots to look at

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my advise would be to hit youtube
i know the oliver edwards videos are on there and hes uses a dubbing loop on some of the flies does in them
and also just doing a search for dubbing loop should give you lots to look at
i appreciate all the advice given by all , thank you .

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im pretty sure your reffering to the loop used in dubbing flies. All it is ,is a tied in loop of waxed(prefferable)thread in which you insert your dubbing and then by twisting the loop by means of a loop twister or just by your fingers . Then you can wrap up your body!
For me it definantly makes a more durable better looking fly especially if you tease or comb the dubbing, also by adding some cement along your fly hook first also helps securing the dubbing.
this is particularly useful , and exactly the advice i was looking for .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts