Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picture Deception
Should anglers take pictures of their fish with the fish held closer to the camera than they are?
Yes916.07%
No2442.86%
Sometimes-Sometimes Not2341.07%

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey fellas, just starting this topic in hopes that some of the pictures taken in the future are more realistic. I'm talking about the pictures taken with the fish held way out towards the camera. The fish is probably 3ft from the camera, while the fisherman/woman is 5-6ft away, creating the illusion that the fish is bigger than it is. Why not take a picture of the fish relative to yourself so not to "cheat" the camera. Are we that embarassed with our fish that we have to "blow it up". It's harder to appreciate the size of the big fish, when 6" trout are looking twice their size! We should all be ashamed of ourselves! lol

Just some food for thought...

Crock

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hey fellas, just starting this topic in hopes that some of the pictures
Just some food for thought...
Crock
Hi Crock
We all know nearly everyone does it and take that into account when looking at pictures. Very rare to see a fish with a ruler beside it!
Reminds me of an old story from Reg Baird. When he was a young fellow he proudly brought home a fine trout and as his father had a store asked him to weigh it for him. "Young fellow" his father said "You will never catch a big trout if you have it weighed on a Government Inspected scale!"
Have a nice day
Paul

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
The hand are tell tail
But I have absolutely monstrous mitts. They're the size of hams. It's bad enough that I can't tie flies or knots with the damn things; should I also be punished by having my fish photos dismissed as somehow being "deceiving"?

And by the way, in case my face slips into view in any of my fish shots, I have an embarassingly small head and neck. My hat size is 3 7/8 and I wear an 8-inch collar on my shirts. It's certainly handy for inspecting clogged drains, but otherwise has limited utility since my hands are too big to unclog them.

Paul

P.S.: If any of you are wondering how I got such large hands and a little head, it's a long story involving a brass lamp, a genie, and some wishes that went terribly wrong.

Reactions: pmorris

·
Registered
229 Posts
Lol Pmorris...who cares, I look at the pic and say "nice fish" then i head off to Wally world to buy that weird thing hanging from its mouth.

·
1,353 Posts
Paul you missed your calling!! That is the funniest post yet!! BTW I have very small hands. My Genie got it right!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I don't think it matters, it all depends if you want the main subject to just be the fish in the pic or if the person holding the fish is the subject....I know for a fact phyl will hold out a fish for a pic as she doesn't want herself in it, trust me it ain't cause she has to make it look bigger she gets the lunkers.
I on the other hand need all the help I can get lol thank god I was blessed with very small hands

gf

·
Registered
546 Posts
But I have absolutely monstrous mitts. They're the size of hams. It's bad enough that I can't tie flies or knots with the damn things; should I also be punished by having my fish photos dismissed as somehow being "deceiving"?

And by the way, in case my face slips into view in any of my fish shots, I have an embarassingly small head and neck. My hat size is 3 7/8 and I wear an 8-inch collar on my shirts. It's certainly handy for inspecting clogged drains, but otherwise has limited utility since my hands are too big to unclog them.

Paul

P.S.: If any of you are wondering how I got such large hands and a little head, it's a long story involving a brass lamp, a genie, and some wishes that went terribly wrong.
LOL I got small ears and a big nose...

James

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't see the big deal here... I find alot of pics of bigger fish always seem smaller when photographed... since I practise CPR while fishing I want to get the best pic possible for my albums... and since I fish a fair bit on my own I have also needed to come up with ways of taking pictures while fishing by myself.

Great post Paul... reminds me of some of the funny stuff you have posted on FB.... something about a poodle and a misunderstanding about the coyote bounty.

·
To do nothing is unacceptable.
2,726 Posts
Pmorris,

(LMAO)
Thanks for the coffee out the nose!

By the way, you still got the Lamp?

Terran

·
Banned
585 Posts
Personally, I don't even catch fish when I go out.

...Then when I return home I feel so ashamed of my lack of 'hunter and gatherer' ability that I actually photoshop all the fish into my pictures. I became a professional artist souly for this purpose.

I have not really caught a fish since 1993. I actually don't even take a rod anymore.

Trav

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Great post Paul... reminds me of some of the funny stuff you have posted on FB.... something about a poodle and a misunderstanding about the coyote bounty.
It was simply a case of mistaken identity. In hindsight, the collar and leash should have tipped me off that it wasn't a coyote.

Paul

Reactions: pmorris
1 - 20 of 33 Posts