Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new flyrod for $190.00 +tax . It's a St Croix Imperial 9 ft 9 wht 2 peice . It's a fast action rod . Seems like a jewel in the hand .. Did i get a deal or not ?????

·
Registered
210 Posts
You got yourself a good rod. You seem to have paid pretty much the going price. Their 2 piece 9 weight Imperials are listed right around $200.00 on their website.

My spey rod is an 14' Imperial 9/10 weight and I've had a lot of fun with it since buying it last year. St Croix makes a very good product: I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought it was a pretty good deal , I know it feels some nice in the hand . I got it all geared up yesterday and ready to go . Can't wait to get it in the water .Thanks for the reply ..

·
Registered
26 Posts
You got a great buy and a great rod.I have owned st crioxs for years now from the bottom of the list to the legend elite.I have had my legend elite now for 6 years and i could never change it i also love the avid series they are a high end rod at a great price.Injoy your new flyrod i'm sure you will love it.PS i broke mine once and sent it back they are great to deal with and with no answers ask they sent me a new one there warrenty is great.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A friend of mine owns a flyshop in Sherbrook . River Magic owned by Bill Carpan . I actually got the link from a fellow fisherman on this forum . He told me about River magic ,and when I check into it I saw it was Bill . I didn't realize he had a shop going . It's been a long time since I talked with Bill . It was great to chat with him again .. He gave me the same warrenty . He said if anything happens to it bring it back and i'll give you another one . I think it's 20 bucks for the shipping
I'm happy

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think you will love it! I picked up two Imperials from Bill last year(8wt 4 piece & 4wt 2 piece)and love both of them. I broke the tip on my 4wt on an accidental(slink)hook up and he replaced the rod no problem. Bill's a great guy and has a great shop for sure!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used an 8wt imperial for a couple months this summer while my sage was in for repairs. Its a pretty good rod. A great rod for the money id say.The rod i was using wouldnt cast well with a regualr 8wt floater. I put some Rio Grand 8wt on it and it casted 100x better. Enjoy your new stick

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not a bad price for an Imperial, the new Imperials are made from a combination of SCIV and SCII graphite and are fast. I have one of the older models which is made from SCII and is a moderate action. If I was to buy a factory rod I would probably buy a St. Croix, they make some nice rods, although their warranty isn't what it use to be.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the reviews guys . It sounds like I got myself a real jewel . Can't wait to try it out . I know I sure love the feel of it in the hand . Probably hit the shad first with it . Or it could be the seatrout and the browns . The fishing mode is in full swing now ,,,LOL,,, ..........Thanks Again Guys ...........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts