Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Just moved here.... right in my back yard is Cranberry lake.

I was wondering if its fishable? I cant seem to find anything on it.... or whats in it.

anyone know anything about it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome to Nova Scotia. Haven't fished that lake myself but was able to find the following info:

"
Cranberry Lake is a lake located just 3.9 miles from Meteghan, in the province of Nova Scotia, Canada. Fishermen will find a variety of fish including channel catfish, smelt and white perch here. Whether you're net fishing, baitcasting or fly fishing your chances of getting a bite here are good. So grab your favorite fly fishing rod and reel, and head out to Cranberry Lake. If all goes well, the white perch will be hooked by your chubs, the smelt will be biting your stink baits and the catfish will be grabbing your crickets.

After your adventure, be sure to come back and share a Cranberry Lake fishing report, update the details of the lake, share photos of your outing, details of your catch, and the GPS coordinates to help your fellow fishermen learn from your experience.

And please remember to check with the local Fish and Wildlife department to ensure the lake is open to the public, and that you have the necessary fishing license. Now what are you waiting for, get fishing!

Read more: http://www.hookandbullet.com/fishing-cranberry-lake-meteghan-ns/#ixzz1HFesUnsB"

·
Registered
48 Posts
Or out 5 Islands/Timberlea
I've fished that one - lots of perch but I have caught the odd trout, two around 14". I've heard the far end of the lake is better but I've never had luck back there... But this is all 15/20 years ago...

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Actually, post #2 was referring to the Cranberry Lake in the virtual fishing fantasy land known as "hook and bulls**t". Its website is populated via computer and the results bear as much resemblance to reality as Michael Jackson did in his final years.

But enough about H&B; time for me to rig some stink baits on the ol' fly rod and catch me some smelts.

LOL,
Paul

Reactions: pmorris

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Regarding post #2. I am not aware that we have ANY Channel Catfish ANYWHERE in Nova Scotia. Paul Morris' affectionate term for the site is obviously well deserved. Regards....

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
lmao... the website from #2 just told me that a lake near enfield has chinock salmon to catch
I believe that would be Lake Sobeys in Elmsdale. Your bag limit is 48 cans, so remember to bring extra bags if you need more. I like to catch 'em on a Visa, although some prefer debit and the purists prefer cash.

Paul

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I was talking about Cranberry in Cole Harbour. It's so close I'd hate for it to not be fishable. I can practically see it from my place of lodging. I can't seem to find anything on it. not even on the stocking chart.. maybe I should just give it a whirl. worst case scenerio, I catch a boot, which is fine. I happen to need a new one

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
worst case scenerio, I catch a boot, which is fine.
Be careful... it's closed to bass fishing this year. The worst case scenario could be much worse than catching a boot if a CO comes by.

Paul

1 - 14 of 14 Posts