Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I was out on a Lake today fishing and seen something across the lake I had not seen yesterday and I decided to take a closer look and this is what I found.. My guess it happened overnight when the Ice was wet and the Deer had no chance.. There were 4 sets of tracks from what I could tell coming from the wood line.. Kinda gross so please watch the young viewers..
Thanks
DannyBoy

Deer Down

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
So I was out on a Lake today fishing and seen something across the lake I had not seen yesterday and I decided to take a closer look and this is what I found.. My guess it happened overnight when the Ice was wet and the Deer had no chance.. There were 4 sets of tracks from what I could tell coming from the wood line.. Kinda gross so please watch the young viewers..
Thanks
DannyBoy

Deer Down
good lord man make sure you leave befor dark when you go out there

·
Registered
296 Posts
that's some kind of crazy,in my younger days I couldn't bring myself to shoot coyotes...looked to much like a dog,now I have no problem releasing arrows or pulling the trigger.

·
457 Posts
i would almost like to see coyote try it
while im carrying for all intent and purpose what amounts to a medieval weapon with me 20lbs
of hardered steel tipped with with 2 razor sharp blades!!

not saying i would win
just saying it would sure get messy real quick

·
Registered
173 Posts
WOW! what a mess
how far did they drag the little bugger?
GF, agreed. get out LONG before dark.
I always carry something for protection too.
but holy $#%&!!
wouldnt want to have to deal with them critters.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A buddy of mine was on Fish Lake late afternoon yesterday and there were 4 Coyotes on the lake at that Deer Carcus.. This would have been around 430pm yesterday evening.. Was out til almost dark tonight and they were not around.. Just a heads up..

·
Registered
24 Posts
One coyote is not the big problem... its the more then one that would be the issue. Remember "our" coyotes are not like the book coyotes of 30-40 pounds, they are bigger. Ever see a MAD agile dog... let alone a wild one??? I don't think you would be as tuff then, just saying.

I checked out the carcass at fish lake on the weekend, it was pretty close to a house too. Also wasn't a "small" deer. Wasn't much left and the birds were having its way with it. 4 yotes?... does Casa have coyote security for the derby? ... then again Shienar will be there
Check this video out a buddy of mine sent me...crazy\stupid\awesome, what have you but neat. from BC with a small yote...
(there is some language)

·
Registered
328 Posts
I remember around 12 years ago fishing in Nova Scotia I was walking alone an old fire road and there were coyotes on both sides of the path in the bushes yipping and making crunching noises in the brush. All I could think of is jurassic park 2 or 3 where the person falls down and all the little dinosaurs attack him at once. So thinking this I made my way out of the path way scared holding my fishing knife in my hand all the way. I was going to buy some bear spray at CT for future trips, but someone told me once coyotes smell coyote blood they all scatter, so if you injure one they would all back off.

Is this true????????????????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts