Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Costco has a new to the market hub style 3 man shelter this year for $180 including ups shipping. It is (The Fish Inn ice shelter from Equinox) and looks like an exact copy of the clam. I ordered one it took about 10 days to get here. This is my first portable shelter so I do not have enough experience to say if it is good or bad but after looking at a similar unit from Canadian tire at $300 I don't think I went to far wrong. Will get some pictures this weekend when I do a test setup.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just walked around inside and looked to see if three guys could fit in and have room to fish in comfort. Looks good so far and with two doors no one will have to move if one person needs to go outside. Will probably have it up again and check the fit with all the gear set up, then wait for the 1st of January.

·
457 Posts
we have fished three guys in the quick fish 3 shelters
its not to bad but can be a bit cramped depending on the size of the guys
having the second door will help though

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Nice, now how long did you sit in it with a rod in your hand daydreaming
LOL - not very long. The auger blade got too dull after 20 minutes of drilling.

Paul

P.S.: Nice shelter!

Reactions: pmorris

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I noticed Costco sold out of the orange tents already, they have a new one (same thing, different colour by the looks of it) for sale on line. None in stores as of yesterday, but if anyone sees them showing up in either Dartmouth or Halifax let me know. I want one, I'm just trying to hold off ordering so I can save a few bucks buying in-store.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks awesome, especially like the orange.

For others looking at getting one, also look at the pop-up hunting blinds, the only difference will be the color and the windows, they are sometimes a bit cheaper.

I managed to get a smokin deal at Cabela's in the fall.
They have a bargain cave with damaged or used stuff and I found one identical to yours, but it is camo outside and black inside.
The windows are all mesh, but come off and can be replaced with vinyl and there are covers on the inside to make it dark.
I could even cover the mesh windows with clear packing tape to keep the wind out if it came to that.

It retailed at about $150 US but was marked down to $75.
I haggled with them a bit and they gave me it, out the door for $28, just have to velcro on some vinyl and stitch up a small tear.

Bill.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts