Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great April with the browns and we finally had 2 nice bumps in the last week. Anyone still fishing it?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right on. I saw a pic of ur lunker. Beautiful fish.
Once the water clears and drops it otta be good for some sea runs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,I'm going to be in Wolville on Thursday,I have never fished the cornwallis river before so i'm wondering where is a good spot to try for the first time.I don't know the area so any advice will be a great help.
thank you

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is blown out in Berwick so I don't think it will be fishable till Fri or Sat.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DNJF- the river has dropped significantly near Berwick. I would suggest going to Berwick via 101, get off 101 take first lt after the Fire Dept, drive 2 kms and turn left on Willow Avenue. Come to the first bridge and fish the 1 km stretch to your rt (go Eastwards). Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
DNJF- the river has dropped significantly near Berwick. I would suggest going to Berwick via 101, get off 101 take first lt after the Fire Dept, drive 2 kms and turn left on Willow Avenue. Come to the first bridge and fish the 1 km stretch to your rt (go Eastwards). Good luck!
Thanks for the info Robbie,first time in a new spot is always fun.thanks again

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thinking of hitting the cornwallis this weekend. Is the area between willow ave and shaw that you are talking about ok to walk along the side with just waders or do you need a kayak/boat?

Has anyone fished the area off of brooklyn street with all of the trails in the kentville bird sanctuary? Is this area all no trespassing or can you fish in some locations?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Robbie, we should try and make it out this weekend maybe, if you have the time. I'll know if I'm going to West River Sat. night; I'll post and let you know if I'm around if you want to hit it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think we are heading down to Cornwallis next weekend when we are camping. Hopefully we'll have a little luck there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
just moved to main st in Kentville. Looking for some tips and spots on the Cornwallis. Can you catch them in the tidal(muddy) portion rite off main st? Is there anyone who would be willing to meet for a couple casts some evening and give me some tips?
kind regards,
Trout Face

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Try walking the brook down to the river (accorss from the research station. Great spot.

·
1,353 Posts
In back of the Curling Club where Mill Brook joins the Cornwallis. Ck the tides as this is tidal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Fished the brook a couple of times, seen lots of fish and lost a nice brown, great little spot. The tide has been low everytime I have been there. I got the Tide table for Blomidon, is that the correct one and should I be adding or subtracting time from that to get the Cornwallis tide? Can you nightfish in that trib?(Millbrook)
thanks
TF

1 - 16 of 16 Posts