Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
WOW, what a well done and powerful piece of film. I would like to see similar quality here in Canada. Regards....

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Chuck you are the man thank you for sharing we need this in Canada I am going to share it on facebook.
On Apr 24, 2000 after easter dinner my best friend went out for a walk with her sister and sister in law. A drunk driver came around thge corner crossed over the yellow line and stuck her from behind and killed her. He continued down the rd and put'er in the ditch, passers by saw his vehicle and stopped to help he was in a tear to get out of there, they saw he was drunk and detained him, they also noticed his broken windsheild full of Jamie's hair and blood. B/c he was so drunk he couldn't plead giulty b/c he didn't remeber what happened and that would be purgery how is that for a law for ya. He got 5 yrs and served less than half. By the way he alraedy had several DUI convictions and his licence had been revoked but that didn't stop him. He destroyed several lives that day. I lost a friend her husband lost his wife, her parents lost a 24yo daughter and her 6mo son lost his mother. This **** isn't worth it. Arrange for a ride a head of time or sleep where you fall and go home in the morning

thanks agn maybe it will get atleast one member to think and save a life

Girlfisher

·
Banned
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys,

I wish that this film was shown in every high school before holidays and especially, 'prom nite'.

Also, I think that drunk driving, at least in cases of repeat offenders who have lost their licenses, should be considered a felony, even when nobody gets hurt. Where people get hurt it should be the same as attempted murder, or aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Where people die it should be just plain murder, preferably first degree.

This attitude where horrors like that girlfisher experienced, where the perp walks out in 2 years, ready to kill again, have to be stopped.

Please, anybody on this site who teaches high school, show this film to your kids. It might save a life. Also anybody, like girlfisher, can share it on Facebook. [I think, since I don't know how to use Facebook.
]

Drive safe, and arrive alive.

chuck

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow that's pretty intense, I'm kinda at a loss for words and a little choked up at the same time. I think something like that is needed here on tv.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Hi guys,

I wish that this film was shown in every high school before holidays and especially, 'prom nite'.

Also, I think that drunk driving, at least in cases of repeat offenders who have lost their licenses, should be considered a felony, even when nobody gets hurt. Where people get hurt it should be the same as attempted murder, or aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Where people die it should be just plain murder, preferably first degree.

chuck
amen my thoughts exactly, not trying to damper anyones fun I drink as much and sometimes more than anybody but I always start with a safe plan to get home

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
As bad as impaired driving is,if I had to meet one on the highway, I think I would rather meet the impaired driver rather than one of these self absorbed idiots who is texting while they are "driving". At least the guy who is drinking can see that I'm there. (Even though I may be a little fuzzy) Regards

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
As bad as impaired driving is,if I had to meet one on the highway, I think I would rather meet the impaired driver rather than one of these self absorbed idiots who is texting while they are "driving". At least the guy who is drinking can see that I'm there. (Even though I may be a little fuzzy) Regards
Drunk driving and texting and using the cell are one in the same. If you are distracted it takes a fraction of a sec to change everything. Driving a vehicle is like being in charge of a fully loaded potentially lethal weapon but this seems lost on some people unfortunatly it is seen as a right not a pivilege

cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts