Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm a little confused about the seasons for sportfishing in NS, I've lived here my whole life, but I've only recently gotten back into fishing now that my son is old enough to try it. I'm planning to take my son and nephew fishing this weekend (Aug 21/22). The body of water where I want to go is a tidal, salt water "gut", the only thing I've caught there in the past was Flounder. What I want to know, is am I still within a legal season for this, I can't find anything in the handbook about flounder. Please get back to me soon! Thanks you!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well im sure there is lots of ppl around the site that shed much more light than me, the way i would answer your question is you can basically fish tidal water all year lonf without a lisence. That being said if your are specifically targeting a particular speices of fish like striped bass or salmon that you must do so within their reapective seasons or if you intend on keeping fish you must also so so in the given season ans lastly every body of water than tidal into fresh there is a designated invisible line that would define what is considered tidal and fresh. You should be legit, Hopes that helps. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts