Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought I'd let ya know yar cdn tire has alot marked down, matzu hooks fly tying stuff line etc, I went to get some more line as I was finish respooling my reels and ended up spending almost 75 bucks

your store may have some sales too check it out

GF

·
Registered
296 Posts
I seen some clearance stuff at the Lwr Sackville CT. just because it says clearance 'GF' doesn't mean you have to be the one to buy it all.. lol. I picked up a small crate of jigheads with some soft baits from there as well however I only spent $20.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I meant to make a post on here. They have 40% off most of their ice fishing gear, if you need anything for next year this is a pretty good time to stock up.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I meant to make a post on here. They have 40% off most of their ice fishing gear, if you need anything for next year this is a pretty good time to stock up.
yup got some of that too but need is a strange word isn't it?lol I wanted it b'c I am an addidct and neeeeded to feed the cravings

seriouly if you are a junkie probably should stay outta there

·
Registered
173 Posts
hate to get tying supplies there but...
my flies just dont last so long, but still work.LOL
and thats what counts.

"2 MORE WEEKS" sigh!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
heading there next week for licence and tying "stuff".
may have to go earlier now. thanks for the update GF
I hope you have better luck getting a license than me. On Wednesday I went to the Baddeck Natural Resources office to get mine and they told me that this year's license probably will not be available until after April 1st and March 29 at the absolute earliest.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope you have better luck getting a license than me. On Wednesday I went to the Baddeck Natural Resources office to get mine and they told me that this year's license probably will not be available until after April 1st and March 29 at the absolute earliest.
what?

Does that mean apr 1 is a free fishing weekend?

that is just plain wrong I am having a hard time waiting til apr 1

pls tell me you aren't serious hopefully who ever you talked to has their info wrong I feel for ya

GF

·
Registered
29 Posts
what?

Does that mean apr 1 is a free fishing weekend?

that is just plain wrong I am having a hard time waiting til apr 1

pls tell me you aren't serious hopefully who ever you talked to has their info wrong I feel for ya

GF
That is basically what I asked as well, "if licenses are not available, are people allowed to fish without one?" The answer was "NO". I am hoping they are wrong about their dates considering I have received some completely ridiculous responses from this office before.

·
Registered
11 Posts
where would you be going in cape breton that would actually require you to have a licence all the bras dor lakes is open to fish without a licence you really dont need a licence until the 15th of may ne way

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just enjoy fishing brooks and ponds often and incase I am visiting Halifax or somewheres and feel like wetting a line.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'm sure to check that out tommorow!
i think the wife just cringed!!!!!
am I on her $#!+ list? just tell her my dad was thinking abt getting you to do some body work and that is your play money...that is if you think she'll go for it otherwise I said nothing lol

·
Registered
806 Posts
nagh , your not on her list!i get there often all by myself.lol.i'm going to PEI today for the weekend , and i see numerous brown bottles in my future. so i'll be on the list again!rofl

·
Registered
806 Posts
lol, i just explained it all to her!she said the problem isn't buying the gear;it's that i have so much of it now!

i responded that if i ever get stranded , i can build a shelter out of tackle boxes!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol, i just explained it all to her!she said the problem isn't buying the gear;it's that i have so much of it now!

i responded that if i ever get stranded , i can build a shelter out of tackle boxes!
I get the same comments...esp my dad and mom when I go there they still can't comprehend why an alder a string and a worm doesn't cut it anymorelol

remeber this weekend J that we are getting older and it takes longer to recover from those brown bottles bud .....that's why I go with the cans
heehee

1 - 20 of 20 Posts