Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows of some areas to dig clams, i live in the annapolis valley but make it up to hansport area regularly. These clams would be for eating so a non-poluted area is a must. Its been years since ive been digging for clams and would love to get out this summer.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knows of some areas to dig clams, i live in the annapolis valley but make it up to hansport area regularly. These clams would be for eating so a non-poluted area is a must. Its been years since ive been digging for clams and would love to get out this summer.

Thanks
Hey there,
First thing I'd do is contact DFO, and ask them the current order of closure in your area....
Having said that, although I'm not in your area....I usually venture east of HRM, after a phone call to confirm no shellfish closures.

Hopefully someone in your area and a NSF member will give you some tips on where to go

Regards,

Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was just looking on dfo website to look for closed areas. The gulf area seems to update their site but can't find it for the maritimes site. Any ideas? You would think this would be something they would want to make easily accessible.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'd like to take my little girl clam digging as well - I'm sure she'd love it. I haven't dug since I was a child but have fond memories of it. Incidentally, I was at DFO today, however the lady at the counter wasn't much help with information on closures. If anyone could point out an area which is open and where clamming could be done that would be great. Thanks, J.

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Incidentally, I was at DFO today, however the lady at the counter wasn't much help with information on closures.
Makes one wonder what the "FO" in "DFO" really stands for..

LOL,
Paul

Reactions: pmorris

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Clam Harbour Beach...Low tide...right of the beach...about 3/4km..across the river..can't miss em...just keep following the river bed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts