Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
there will be a charity tournament on oct. 31 on gasperau lake from the hwy.12 ramp . and anouther on little river lake on nov.14 at the methals lake launch, at the methals power dam.both dates are weather depending with no rain dates . times are from 10am to 3pm . 5 fish limit ,no live bait, all must be kept alive and released after the weigh in alive .the charity is the kentville salvation army .the winners can determine which part of the salvation army the donation goes to . the divisions are share the fuel , christmas daddies , or the weekly food bank . the minister will be there at the weigh in for each event .the winners will receive an income tax receipt for the raised amount .the fees are $25 , $20 going directly to the charity winner{5 fish limit} ,$5 going to the winner with the lunker, also receiving a receipt .anymore questions can be reffered to the A.V.B.C. division of the nova scotia bass club forums web site . I will answer any questions through that site , thank you . my wife just added that there's candy apples in it for those who show up in costume , {pirate , devil ,cat ,etc .} treats for the little ones as well , bring as many as your boats allowed by law !treats and candy apples who can miss out on that !!!!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well impleasant weather, but 5 teams showed up winning weight was just over 6 lbs lunker was 1.7 lbs. $125 was raised for the salvation army. i thank every one who showed up .

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would like to thank the 6 teams who showed up to participate in the tournament. unfortunately for kevin corkum , he blew his engine only 200 yards up the lake!what a way to start the day! here's the kicker though, even though he had no main engine , he won the tournament with 4 fish weighing in at 9.32 lbs, - second place was j.p. lyaonnaise-mike bloise with 1 fish weighing 2.55 lbs, third was john-wanda sawler with 1 fish weighing 1.83 lbs, fourth was howard martell-dave devenney with 1 fish weighing 0.58 lbs. kevin corkum also had the lunker at 2.77 lbs.there was $150.00 raised for the food bank division of the salvation army. i would personally like to thank everyone who showed up to the 2 events and supported this charity , and also had some fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts