Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
havent been up the highlands now for at least 15 yrs but from what im hearing is the fishing is still good but the campers up there think they own it heard there were several trailers up there now and they dont even want u to launch a boat off there site anybody else hear of this i live here in the cape and heard this from a few ppl now and i wonder why ns power lets it happen just looking for thoughts not arguments reason for the post is my father never been up there fishing and he wants to go but if there is even the chance of trouble i wouldnt take him but he wants to go

·
Registered
119 Posts
havent been up the highlands now for at least 15 yrs but from what im hearing is the fishing is still good but the campers up there think they own it heard there were several trailers up there now and they dont even want u to launch a boat off there site anybody else hear of this i live here in the cape and heard this from a few ppl now and i wonder why ns power lets it happen just looking for thoughts not arguments reason for the post is my father never been up there fishing and he wants to go but if there is even the chance of trouble i wouldnt take him but he wants to go
Where abouts are you talking about Caper, I normally just head up to Cheticamp Lake and that area, there are a couple trailers and usualy some weekend campers but never heard anybody having a problem. Does get a bit crowded at the first brook at times but there are lots of places to go to get away from the crowd. As usual the easy access, well known spots do get fished a bit harder and the fishing is getting a bit slower but still lots to do. I'm guessing you are talking about Moose Lake at the top of the MacMillan flowage, was in there once bird hunting and there appeared to be a small comunity of campers in there but didn't bother to poke around too much. Looking forward to heading back again this summer, hopefuly we'll bump into each other along the way, cheers, Ken Watts.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I agree with op-dog....there are a couple common areas that get busy but I never had an issue with anyone up there. Generally don't see many people, that's what is nice about the highlands.
Take your father up there in July, he'll love it!

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts