Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

My girlfriend and I are travelling to Broad Cove from Halifax for some camping on the weekend of July 29th. I am looking to do some fly fishing while we stay and was hoping for some general recommendations. Last year around mid-July I had good luck with the sea runs on the Ingonish River (Harbour side of the Trans Canada bridge) on the dry fly. I was looking at the Black Brook (flows from Black Brook Cove Beach), which is a little further up the Trans Canada past Ingonish. Has anyone fished this river before and if so any advice on where to get started? It looks pretty wide at the mouth but looks to meander nicely further away from the highway. I am looking for a classic CB-esque river that I can wade in. I found the Ingonish River to be a great example of this (ie., rocky/pebbly shore, not overly deep, nice wading river). I know Clyburne Brook is also a hot spot in this area, but was hoping to try some new (to me) waters.

I am not looking for secret stretches, runs, or honey holes, but rather a starting point. Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts