Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have always found if I could teach someone how to do something that it made me better at it.So I was thinking about trying to be become a certified casting instructor.I'm not sure the what needs to be done to do this.Any suggestions would be helpful,thanks

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You might ask nearnuff. He has been a Master Guide/Outfitter for more years than he probably cares to remember. During those years, he has probably instructed more novices than he can remember. Regards....

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
You might ask nearnuff.
In case you don't know, Pocketwater, "nearnuff" is now "Perry." Actually, he was always Perry, but now I'm just confusing myself.

In addition to Perry, you might want to contact Dennis Grant at the Atlantic Fly Fishing School. I'm sure that he'd be pleased to let you know what's involved in becoming certified.

Tight lines,
Paul (not certified, but certifiable)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dennis and Verlie at the Atlantic Fly Fishing School are a wealth of knowledge. I don't think people in NS/NB realize how lucky we are to have the school in the area. There is not many other schools in Canada with the same sort of programs available. Dennis and Verlie are both certified instructors as well they have a many other instructors to support them. Dennis and Verlie have taught all over the world and have a tremendous amount of knowledge to pass on about the sport. Dennis is one of the few instructors that hold all two/ three qualifications. Casting Instructor (CI), Master Casting Instructor (MCI) and Two Handed Casting Instructor (THCI). As well he is on the Board Of Governors with the Federation of Fly Fishers (FFF) who certify instructors and they both are instrumental in the certification programs.

If you want to become a great caster, go out there and take some private lessons. If you want to become certified go talk to them, you can't get any better advice.

Blair Flemming and Lewis Hinks are also great instructors. Blair lives next door to Dennis and Verlie and Lewis is down by Bridgewater.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts