Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an Email from Canadian Tire their Sub Zero Tundra Tuff 4-man Ice Shelter which is $300 goes on sale Friday 26 Nov for $200. This is the exact same shelter as the Eastman ice cube, and made by the same company. Good deal if your local CTC has any.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Good buy for sure for the 4 man. They are nice huts, would love the money to get one this year but I'm happy with my 1 man Pak Shak for now. I had it for about 4 years now, and finally getting it shipped down to me for this upcoming ice season.

·
457 Posts
Good buy for sure for the 4 man. They are nice huts, would love the money to get one this year but I'm happy with my 1 man Pak Shak for now. I had it for about 4 years now, and finally getting it shipped down to me for this upcoming ice season.
how do those pak shacks hold up
i have looked into them a bit but they seem to get a lot of mixed reviews

·
Registered
158 Posts
The Pak Shaks aren't bad, they don't have any of the bells and whistles like the frabills, and they aren't built super sturdy so strong winds on bigger lakes isn't really all that enjoyable inside it lol. It can handle a bit of wind no problem, but for those really ugly days that you probably shouldn't be out ice fishing anyway, it doesn't give you much shelter from the elements.

But for a starter hut, and something that is easy to pick up and go from hole to hole it's great. I'm a pretty big boy, and there is still enough room for me, my portable heater, and my portable fish finder.

If you have the money to spend on one of big money portables, than by all means do so. I would love to have Frabill, just not doable right now.

But if you just want something to get out of the cold, and something that is easily transported to the lake. Especially if you don't own a truck, just a small car. it's a pretty basic portable but it serves the purpose well. now especially, I paid $150 a few years ago new for mine. I saw them the other day advertised in a reeds sporting goods flyer for $59.95 for the one man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts