Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey is it too late / early for running browns and any good suggestions not far out of HRM I could take a younging out to catch them? I haven't fished browns in years and would love to get my boy out for a good haul. Thanks

·
Registered
423 Posts
You can try practically any river on the North Shore from Oxford to Antigonish. However the fishing will be slow this time of year. A buddy just returned from a trip for Browns with some success but in general he reported the fish were spooky and not very interested in taking. He did not hook any big ones.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can try practically any river on the North Shore from Oxford to Antigonish. However the fishing will be slow this time of year. A buddy just returned from a trip for Browns with some success but in general he reported the fish were spooky and not very interested in taking. He did not hook any big ones.
Good to know, I'd assume though late aug/early sept would be better? I haven't fished these in years it's the first time out for me and I'd like to go when it's a bit fuller lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
I recently had a great day fishing browns, they are very spooky, so step carefully and use light leaders. A great fly to try is an Elk Hair Caddis, I tried it for the first time on tuesday and couldn't believe how many strikes I was getting. In the middle of the day! I ended up catching a 15 incher and a 13 on back to back casts. The best way to target browns is either with a streamer fished near cover or a dry fished a dusk.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently had a great day fishing browns, they are very spooky, so step carefully and use light leaders. A great fly to try is an Elk Hair Caddis, I tried it for the first time on tuesday and couldn't believe how many strikes I was getting. In the middle of the day! I ended up catching a 15 incher and a 13 on back to back casts. The best way to target browns is either with a streamer fished near cover or a dry fished a dusk.
Wow good to know, may I ask the general area you were fishing (not to ask exactly where, just to get an idea lol) I'm in Dartmouth myself and don't mind a little travelling if the fishing is there

·
Registered
11 Posts
you're pulling his leg, there are no nice trout in cumberland county, sackville river by the manhole produces some dandy's though, just step 25 feet past the bunch of crackheads.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts