Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke my favorite rapala today. It broke where the back hook attaches to the body, the metal shaft that goes into the body has started to pull out of the body and has cracked the plastic where it inserts. I can't replace this around here so I am willing to try almost anything. I have had this happen to several rapalas over the years, so I am thinking others have as well. There must be a way to fix them.

·
1,353 Posts
Yep shore is!! Send them back to Normark!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yep shore is!! Send them back to Normark!
Im with Perry, I have had a few do that same thing to me and for the time and cost to fix it you might as well take them back to whereever you bought it/them. I always keep the receipts for all my lures and gear that are over or around $10. But if you dont have the reciept then most places wont take anything back nowadays. Normarks address is 1350 Phillip Murray Av, Oshawa, Ont L1J 6Z9. or email John at [email protected] and see what they can do.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I broke my favorite rapala today. It broke where the back hook attaches to the body, the metal shaft that goes into the body has started to pull out of the body and has cracked the plastic where it inserts. I can't replace this around here so I am willing to try almost anything. I have had this happen to several rapalas over the years, so I am thinking others have as well. There must be a way to fix them.
For a quick fix I have used regular epoxy to squeeze into the cracks and openings with a little smeared around the whole fix. This usually stops the damage from going further. A little paint to touch it up and your good to go.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Returning it is not an option, I bought it in maine, I would like to send it back but it is my go to rapala for this time of year and I don't have time to send it back. I will try the epoxy, thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts