Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
After I get back from Cape Breton I want to fish Brierly Brook. By the time I get back and rest for a few days it is likely going to be about the 8th or so of July. Has anyone been fishing Brierly lately and if so what is the water like? Are there any fish moving at all? This will be my first time on the Brook but the Brierly Brook back road seems to parallel the stream. Without giving away your favorite fishing hole could you suggest the best place to start on the back road which will put me on fishable water or a decent stretch of fishable water?
Any and all help is gratefully accepted. It will make it easier since I am coming from Dartmouth and I won't have to spend a lot of time searching for decent water. Thank you again.

Tim

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just about anywhere on the brook this time of year is likely have fish in it. Stop and explore and have fun. Thats part of the charm. It is a lovely little brook. Good luck!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Edward. I bought a new 7' #3 weight especially for the brook. The 7 1/2' 4 weight I have I thought was a little too heavy so the 3 weight ought to be fun. Does the brook have any long runs or is it mostly pools and riffles? Thank you again.

Tim

Just about anywhere on the brook this time of year is likely have fish in it. Stop and explore and have fun. Thats part of the charm. It is a lovely little brook. Good luck!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use a 7'9" 3 weight. Love it. The structure changes as you get lower on the brook. Like all brooks. It starts to open up a bit before town. Good fishing above the campground as well if the fish haven't gone all the way up.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you again Edward. I think I might start about half way down the back road towards town and see how it goes. Trying to find wadeable and fishable small streams is a challenge, especially near Dartmouth. Even the Musquodoboit is only wadeable in a few spots and while it holds trout it seems the predominant species is Salmon. While I have caught salmon, I prefer trout because of the action they provide. Most of the time I release all of the fish I catch unless the fish is hurt and then I will keep another fish for a little feed.
Thank you for your help, I appreciate it. It will save me a lot of time trying to find fishable water.

Tim

I use a 7'9" 3 weight. Love it. The structure changes as you get lower on the brook. Like all brooks. It starts to open up a bit before town. Good fishing above the campground as well if the fish haven't gone all the way up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts