Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Bite your tongue we just got enough ice for hard water fishing lol. Seriously though it can go pretty quick once it starts to go usually can find a spot to put a boat in on opening day no prob. Probably some others can chime in on some specific lakes for ya.

Don't remember seeing you here before are you nnew to the area or new to fishing? Either way welcome aboard. Come out to the meeet and greet in a few weeks, alot a great people on here with lots to share.

Cheers
GF

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bite your tongue we just got enough ice for hard water fishing lol. Seriously though it can go pretty quick once it starts to go usually can find a spot to put a boat in on opening day no prob. Probably some others can chime in on some specific lakes for ya.

Don't remember seeing you here before are you nnew to the area or new to fishing? Either way welcome aboard. Come out to the meeet and greet in a few weeks, alot a great people on here with lots to share.

Cheers
GF
I'm new to the site, have lived in the metro area for 10 years, from cape breton originally. We just a got a boat, and I'm really excited about getting out with it.

·
Banned
613 Posts
He has the same username, and may be a regular poster on another local ATV related website I post on?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I'm new to the site, have lived in the metro area for 10 years, from cape breton originally. We just a got a boat, and I'm really excited about getting out with it.
totally unerstand that I would probably be out sitting in it waiting lol

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
open water apr 1st is ok just not in the next three weeks I not hard to get along with at all I just want it all lol

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
In and around Halifax, sackville area?
It obviously depends on the weather and the lake. I've been on Kinsac and Morris in the yak toward the end of March (they're both open for winter fishing), but I also remember breaking ice in early April on Paper Mill.

Watch the wind if the lake is partially iced as your launch spot may get blocked while you're out. Also, don't forget to take all of the necessary cold-water precautions.

Enjoy the new boat!

Paul

Reactions: pmorris

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It obviously depends on the weather and the lake. I've been on Kinsac and Morris in the yak toward the end of March (they're both open for winter fishing), but I also remember breaking ice in early April on Paper Mill.

Watch the wind if the lake is partially iced as your launch spot may get blocked while you're out. Also, don't forget to take all of the necessary cold-water precautions.

Enjoy the new boat!

Paul
Thanks, where is the kinsac boat launch? And what is the launch like?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At the south end of the lake and it's God-awful from what I hear.
My biggest concern about getting a boat was launching it, I have almost no experience with towing, and no experience launching by myself. It looks like might have to go check this launch out before I take the boat. How is the grand lake launch? I'm looking for something close to home where I can easily launch and still catch some fish/ cruise around. We live close to Springfield lake, but I've heard that it's very shallow, I've never even seen someone fish there.

·
Administrator
913 Posts
My biggest concern about getting a boat was launching it, I have almost no experience with towing, and no experience launching by myself. It looks like might have to go check this launch out before I take the boat. How is the grand lake launch? I'm looking for something close to home where I can easily launch and still catch some fish/ cruise around. We live close to Springfield lake, but I've heard that it's very shallow, I've never even seen someone fish there.
If you are new to launching a boat i would not recomend Kinsac. The launch is in bad shape and not idealy located. Grand Lake has one of the best launches in NS at Oakfield Park. However, Oakfield Park dont open until sometime in May. You can launch in Grand at the south end of the lake using the WADRA launch. I wouldnt mind showing you how easy it is to launch your boat at Grand once fishing season starts and the ice is gone. What size boat do you have? I hope to be getting my bass boat wet the first weekend of Apr.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you are new to launching a boat i would not recomend Kinsac. The launch is in bad shape and not idealy located. Grand Lake has one of the best launches in NS at Oakfield Park. However, Oakfield Park dont open until sometime in May. You can launch in Grand at the south end of the lake using the WADRA launch. I wouldnt mind showing you how easy it is to launch your boat at Grand once fishing season starts and the ice is gone. What size boat do you have? I hope to be getting my bass boat wet the first weekend of Apr.
Im picking up the boat tomorrow, bring it home, soooooooo excited. I got a 16.5 prince craft 164 with a 90 hp. And I think I might have to take you up on that, would that be a launch date? Lol.

·
Administrator
913 Posts
Im picking up the boat tomorrow, bring it home, soooooooo excited. I got a 16.5 prince craft 164 with a 90 hp. And I think I might have to take you up on that, would that be a launch date? Lol.
Prince Craft makes a great boat. I am sure you will be happy with it and get many years of enjoyment from it. As we get closer to Apr. we can set up a launch date. lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts