Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My group is going to be hosting a series of focus group interviews. These are a follow-up to the online survey we posted a month or so ago. What we're looking to do here is to get in your own words your opinions of government safety regulations (ie. Pleasure craft operator card, etc.) and education groups, as well stories about how you learned about boating safety, what you do to prepare for a fishing outing and so on.

Like the survey, these focus groups are for people who have used a boat while fishing within the past 12 months. You must also be at least 19 years old. The focus groups will be in-person, and each group will consist of 5 - 7 anglers, myself and one or two other interviewers.

The focus groups should take between two to two and a half hours. Everyone who participates will receive a $25 dollar Canadian Tire gift certificate as thanks. Right now, we are planning to hold our first interview at Inn on the Lake in Fall River, Nova Scotia on Thursday, November 25 at 6:30 PM. If you are interested in participating, you can e-mail me at [email protected]
We are limited to 5 - 7 people per group, so please sign up early.

If you would like to participate but the 25th does not work, you should write me anyways. There will likely be other focus groups in the future. You can also write to ask any questions you may have, or if you'd like a better idea about the questions I will be asking.

There is more information available on our website, too. http://www.marin-research.ca/OBSSurvey

1 - 1 of 1 Posts