Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Admin
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who may not be aware, the historic Black River Community Centre was tragically destroyed by fire last night. Here is the link to the article in the Herald today:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/9020122.html

This area is home to Perry Munro, site moderator and member extrodinaire, so I thought it would be fitting to suggest that should the community decide to re-build, that we rally together and form a volunteer group to assist in any way possible.

I'm just thinking out-loud at this point but wanted to plant the bug.

Thoughts?

-dave

·
Registered
806 Posts
Terrible news and my thoughts and prayers are with the Munroes and the entire community. I am in anyway I can help

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
very sad in deed . I know that place well, my dad went to school there and has a lot of stories abt him and his cuz raising hell. Always felt the cemetary inbehind was peaceful. many fam members buried there
\
It is a very active coomuniyt so I know they'll come together and rebuild. I am sure we can rally some volunteers.

crazy really... perry just having their tying night last night could have been real bad if ppl had been still there

·
1,353 Posts
Thanks all! We are in a state of shock! It is a great loss and it is hard to accept. We left the building at 9:15 and I got a call at 11;30 it was gone in a flash!

·
Registered
806 Posts
my condolences perry!but if a rebuild is in the thoughts ---please send me a p.m.! i have a hammer and saw!strong back --weak mind --makes a perfect unpaid employee

·
Registered
245 Posts
If I'm not busy when you do it I'll try make my way down there. I got friends in cambridge I could stay a few nights with too.

Perry, if they have trouble finding a good contractor, my friend in Cambridge has been building houses for his own sub divisions for years, he might be willing to take this on. Great guy, loves fishing and hunting.

My thoughts are with everyone down there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts