Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year during this long weekend I went camping outside antigonish and found a small brook with a few small pools that was just loaded with nice trout. There was actually one hole I could see( with polorized glasses)10 to 15 real nice size trout. I caught two that were over 15" and the women got one around 17" (all on the barbless fly and all were released). We went back this weekend to try again and caught a lot of fish just none over 8". the trout last year did not look like sea trout in color or markings but man they were huge. The water was a lot lower this year, then last. My questions to you guys are: Do you think these were sea trout that have gotten there colors back? and do you think that with a good rain these fish may start moving upstream to get ready to spawn?( the big ones hooked last year were def. breeders)I would love to go back and get a few pics of these monsters.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Does this brook connect to the ocean, if so than yes, they would be sea run. There are a few rivers that get some huge trout this time of year. Up in to the 5-6 Lb range.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is connected to the west river and is part of the special trout management area, but it is quite a ways from the ocean.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would say it was sea run from the west if I had to guess, but I don't know the area.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sea run for sure! I hooked 2 last week 15"ers healthy looking fish and a good spot to fish!

·
Registered
35 Posts
heck boys i live on the the west, man there are some wicked trout in er' was this the beaver meadow trib? if so there are always nice fish there! This year was one of the best years i saw on the west plenty of nice fish!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure of the name of this brook, I'm not from the area. Do you think with this rain some fish will start moving a bit? tyzflyz: have you been getting any lately? Thanks for the info fellas.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd say after this rain they'll be something moving definitly worth going back to this spot!
River is a little fast and muddy now but should be good by tomorrow!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
right on caper, appreciate the help. me thinks another trip is in order before huntin' season gets fired up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts