Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved to Hammonds Plains area. I'm planning a quad trip monday around what I think is Big Indian lake. It seems to me there are two big indian lakes, one between st. Margarets bay rd. and one off prospectrd. in the wilderness area. Here is my question. Is the one closer to the 101 a trout lake? And does anyone know the trail I'm talking about. Is it a good trail and does it access the lakes much??? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tony. I looked at the maps with the outline of the protected area in the watershed and its well out of the way.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Carefull in there, the Big Indian in HP. That land is owned by Bowater. They do not allow OHV's on their land, with some certain restrictions, if you belong to the local ATV Org, they have the occassion rally in there, this you may participate in. Otherwise their land is off limits.

I have been challenging Bowater regarding this for some 6 or 7 years now. Have talked directly with them, likely, 9 or 10 times, have offered up insurance, liability, entry and access points and times, the list is endless. They do not budge. I have dealt with both the Provincial Minister of Natural Resources and Minister of Justice. The DNR Minister of the day would not budge either. However he did indicate , given what I presented him, a possible legal battle regarding Bowater and its Tax Payer support and waiver of property taxes from time to time that the Province has given them. Obviously it is a battle I could not afford. Just thought I would add a bit to my post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting. I was not aware that was Bowater land. I will stear clear of it then. Would you be able to point me in the direction of any good trout lakes in the area. I live off Pockwock rd. in White Hills. Seems to be lots of bass lakes around but trout is what I'm after.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts