Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi;

I would like to try fly fishing for stripers. When is a good time of year and where is the best place [within about an hour's drive from metro] to do this?
Any info welcome.

chuck

·
Registered
328 Posts
There was a topic on the old site where one of the members in late oct.- nov fly fished for stripers on grand lake. The interesting thing about the article was that there were jumping out of the water at his flies, they were all small in size but that excitement would make up for their small size.

If that person reads this post please give us an idea where you did that and the time of year as well please.

·
Registered
113 Posts
There was a topic on the old site where one of the members in late oct.- nov fly fished for stripers on grand lake. The interesting thing about the article was that there were jumping out of the water at his flies, they were all small in size but that excitement would make up for their small size.

If that person reads this post please give us an idea where you did that and the time of year as well please.
Ive had this happen at the locks in Wellington... early summer and late fall. in the stream that connects fletchers lake to grand lake.

·
Registered
30 Posts
striped bass at the locks eh? I never would have thought. I spose Ill be giving that a go pretty soon

·
Registered
113 Posts
striped bass at the locks eh? I never would have thought. I spose Ill be giving that a go pretty soon
Usally lots of smaller stripers 2-3 lb but late evening there are some nice ones ive landed stripers there up it 33"

·
Registered
3 Posts
porters point has produced 13 keepers so far for me this year, i havent ha the good luck in the last few weeks though. so i dont know if they are still running. biggest one i caught was 36 inches and dam tasty

·
Banned
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
porters point has produced 13 keepers so far for me this year, i havent ha the good luck in the last few weeks though. so i dont know if they are still running. biggest one i caught was 36 inches and dam tasty
Hi;

None of my business, of course, but did you kill all of your "keepers"?

chuck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts