Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be a good option for someone who has difficulty seeing their line?

My girlfriend fishes with me all the time, and she has a real hard time seeing where she casts, especially if its dark out. I'm looking to get her something she can really see, colors would be nice.

I'd prefer to NOT have to tie on a clear leader, but if that's the only option let me know , Thanks guys

·
Registered
85 Posts
Siglon in orange or pink. It's one of the best high visibility mono's I've used. You can use it with or without a leader depending on what technique your using. Basically use a leader in the same situations as you would with braid.

·
Administrator
904 Posts
I use PowerPro with a floro leader and a couple of my reesl are spooled with the Hi-Vis Yellow to help with the line watching. The disadvantage of a hi-vis braided line is that it is also highly visible to the fish which is why a fluorocarbon leader is necessary.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I usually make a leader of 12-24" with occasionally going up to 36" in really exceptional circumstances. Remember, they are only fish, not rocket scientists!!

Regards

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
If anyone is still looking to spool up a few rods with braid I picked up a couple 110yd spools of Berkley Fireline Tracer Braid for $9 a spool. They only had 15lb test on sale, it is labeled as $12 a spool but rings in as $9. Can't beat that price on a quality braided line if you need it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.