Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any interest among some of the new fly tiers in a fly swap, I've been at it for a year now, not comfortable swapping with the veterans, though I'm sure they would be welcoming. If there's any interest post, even if there's only a few of us, maybe we could tie a couple each.

Cheers
Greg

·
457 Posts
ill get in on this
not sure what ill tie yet
is there a fly in particular that
any of you would like im open to suggestions

·
1,353 Posts
Hey, Guys and Gal, the reason for a fly swap is not to fill your flybox. It is to share patterns and to give you ideas to help your tying. Join Robbies swap! I look forward to your efforts and I always learn for a swap and it might be yours that give me an idea!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
It doesn't matter one way or the other to me just decide and tall me who to send them too just taking a break right noew then I am back atter, I'll just do the caddis for now.

p.s Perry I can see why some would be imtimidated after seeing Robbie's he's freaking awesome I don't think I'd what to use them they are like art
but I could always display them in a shadow box at the new cottage I guess lol

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like I said, I knew all would be welcome, if the consensus is to join Robbies I'm good with that

Cheers
Greg

·
Registered
195 Posts
I agree with Perry, join Robbie's swap. Like perry said, it's not to fill a box. I keep the swap flies and use them as referance to tye my own, most guys that do the swaps do the same I believe. I'm sure all the guys in the swap will be more than happy to have you guys join.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I wish I could still sit down and tye a dozen flies like that. I'm usually one of the last to get my flies in, I can usually only tye 4 of the same pattern at a time then I get board with it and have to go to another one. I've been like that for the last 5 years.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I am the same way usually, but today I was on a mission and had made a committment so I didn't want to procrastinate

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
I hope there wasn't other new tyers that would have participated, if so say something.

Greg
Hi Greg,

I really like the beginner fly swap concept but agree that we shouldn't fragment Robbie's swap. Perhaps we can re-visit the idea after Robbie's swap is full.

I've been hesitant to join a swap because I figured I'd be screwing over 11 other guys and gals if I burdened them with my low-quality product.

Cheers,
Paul

P.S.: Thinking about my low-quality flies reminded me of the guy who proudly made his own beer. One day, he decided to send a sample in for testing. The report came back that his horse had diabetes.

Reactions: pmorris

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Hi Greg,

I really like the beginner fly swap concept but agree that we shouldn't fragment Robbie's swap. Perhaps we can re-visit the idea after Robbie's swap is full.

I've been hesitant to join a swap because I figured I'd be screwing over 11 other guys and gals if I burdened them with my low-quality product.

Cheers,
Paul

P.S.: Thinking about my low-quality flies reminded me of the guy who proudly made his own beer. One day, he decided to send a sample in for testing. The report came back that his horse had diabetes.
I was feeling the samre way Paul but like perry said I guess the whole point is too learn from each other and I know I'll pick up a thing or two from those guys. As for the horse p*&s a fella told me one time that when it comes to tying sometimes the uglier the better lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts