Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I are looking to try surf fishing in the Bay of Fundy. If anyone knows of any decent spots, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Thanks,

J

·
Registered
30 Posts
getting a few keepers in the bay now, prime time is yet to come.
As far as a good spot, well anywhere from Portipique up through is good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been thinking of trying the Economy area. I was told last weekend that there was a 28" and a 30" striper taken in the area. Does anyone else fish down that way?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have been thinking of trying the Economy area. I was told last weekend that there was a 28" and a 30" striper taken in the area. Does anyone else fish down that way?

·
Registered
30 Posts
my buddy and I fish in Bass River, we got a 28 and a 32 last week end. There starting to come now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anytime you're ready RH you show me some fish and I'll take the pics...unless I'm fightin the fish of course

Home til Monday.
Not sure if I'll get logged back in here so drop me an email.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ive been down to a local spot that produces some nice ones and have only seen 4 small ones caught there. Might be back to the bay for me this year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You guys are killing me with this Striper talk. Man, I need to get out there already... it's too darn far away. Mizmo nice fish. Have you guys seen anyone use two-handers out there in the surf?

Alex

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have been out to Bass River a few times in the past 2 weeks and got a bunch of 20"ers. But I was talking to a friend today and his buddy hooked on a few 30+ the other day down in the Economy Area. Im going out for both tides all day and night 2morrow ill let you guys know how the fishing was. On a side note has anyone ever tried using shrimp as bait? I decided to give it a shot last week and got alot of hits.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have been out to Bass River a few times in the past 2 weeks and got a bunch of 20"ers. But I was talking to a friend today and his buddy hooked on a few 30+ the other day down in the Economy Area. Im going out for both tides all day and night 2morrow ill let you guys know how the fishing was. On a side note has anyone ever tried using shrimp as bait? I decided to give it a shot last week and got alot of hits.
Yep I tried shrimp, but i think it's mostly the tommycod and eels chewing at it....

1 - 20 of 155 Posts