Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 570 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now that the reports of stripers are starting to come in thought i should fire up this board for 2011. Maybe even get a little picture post competition going this year. Think i might try there this weekend, seeing how they started early last year might be a repeat.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Stripers in the Bay already? Holy hell I have some frozen macks from last year still in the freezer... sign me up

·
Registered
546 Posts
Stripers in the Bay already? Holy hell I have some frozen macks from last year still in the freezer... sign me up
I was thinking the same thing? When and where did you hear of Stripers? Can you absolutely verify it? I am shaking.

James

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made one trip. so far nothing big just 2 small schoolers (12-14inch). Old bait to soft and hard to keep n hook. Had to use piece of Onion sack.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Wow!

Were you casting from shore? Maybe I will hit the beach tomorrow instead of the lake.

James]

·
Registered
41 Posts
several people were reporting to me that some one was striper fishing in the reversing falls yesterday morning/noon. no word yet on how they did, but everbody is asking if they are hitting. i'ts raining now, which wouldn't stop me in summer or fall, but this time of year?......i still might try it later this week. now, where did i put that tide table?!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Seems a bit early for the bay, I won't be going until june.
Have been to Blue beach several times in the last two weeks,caught skate and a lot of large tommies.Using two rods and three hook 'scratching'rigs to see what exactly is about.Having six baits out at varying distances I think I covered every possibility.Had a lot of interest from locals walking on beach thinking I was after stripers,they all said another month for them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I Usually head down that way 2nd week in may for the stewiacke. but i hear they get them little earlier in the shubie.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just wondering if anyone got out on the bay of fundy lately for stripers? Was thinking on going this weekend and was wondering if anything was being caught yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just wondering if anyone got out on the bay of fundy lately for stripers? Was thinking on going this weekend and was wondering if anything was being caught yet.
hey guys just a little info there are some stripers in
the bay walton area as i have seen a few in nets so far only small ones 10 and such i did see a 24" this am in the net but thats all lots of shad and gaspereau not many herring but the odd one hope that helps you all i have tr
ied catching on line but no luck yet just tommycod ,Cheers Don

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm heading to Economy sometime this week. I may get the opportunity to drop a line in the bay. Will let you know the results if I do.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm heading to Economy sometime this week. I may get the opportunity to drop a line in the bay. Will let you know the results if I do.
I look forward to hear how you make out Doug! I hope you aren't travelling all the way from Middleton just to fish in Economy!?! Most Bass are entering the rivers right now, it will be a few weeks before Economy should pick up. I'm no expert though and really hope you land dozens, Economy is where I usually fish!!

Tight lines!!
Jeff

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think it's kind of early to try the Bay as well...I'll likely wait until mid June. I usually fish in Economy as well. I hope it's better this season than last.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I look forward to hear how you make out Doug! I hope you aren't travelling all the way from Middleton just to fish in Economy!?! Most Bass are entering the rivers right now, it will be a few weeks before Economy should pick up. I'm no expert though and really hope you land dozens, Economy is where I usually fish!!

Tight lines!!
Jeff
heading to the wharf road next week. Any fishing reports would be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 570 Posts