Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you folks looking for a fairly cheap but wicked fishing boat should consider:

I bought this on Kijiji over the winter (Though Canadian tire sells it for $1200) So far this year put about 150+ hours on it. 30Lbs Minn Kota Trolling motor with Deep Cycle marine battery, Lasts all day, very durable, easy to handle. I can load and offload this from my truck by myself. Can be easily carried with 2 people.

Live well, Lights, Swivel seats.. Highly Recommended. Any questions? Let me know! .. No I don't work for them, just love it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will take up to 9hp. However my 30lbs Trolling motor pushes it along very well, wouldn't consider trading it for a gas motor, way too loud IMO.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think i had to read this 3 times before i realized you weren't actually selling yours, just informing us how good they were..

·
Registered
105 Posts
You must have shares in that company do ya? Hahaha
He's quite right about this little boat, it is pretty great for anyone who owns a truck. I thought loading a kayak on the car was low maintenance but he often has his basshound in the truck and ready to leave before I even get my gear off of the yak.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I was looking at those in CT, little on the expensive side for me right now,I see the jon boats are half the price.Now I'm looking at kayaks again thanks to the forum members here and their excursions. I just wrote my ticket for a moterized boat and I'm at a stand still..guess I'll take one of each!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was looking at those in CT, little on the expensive side for me right now,I see the jon boats are half the price.Now I'm looking at kayaks again thanks to the forum members here and their excursions. I just wrote my ticket for a moterized boat and I'm at a stand still..guess I'll take one of each!
If you'll get good use out of it, buy it! You wont regret it.

Kijiji Ad

This guy wants $1600 with motor, way over priced IMO, but perhaps you could get the boat off him for $800-$1k? I paid $800 for mine on kijiji but it was winter when I bought it too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
quick question about sound.
my biggest annoyance in my 12ft aluminum is the noise.there always seems to be something banging or bumping against the sides or floor.scares off the fish.
in the boat your recommending how do you find it for keeping quiet?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
quick question about sound.
my biggest annoyance in my 12ft aluminum is the noise.there always seems to be something banging or bumping against the sides or floor.scares off the fish.
in the boat your recommending how do you find it for keeping quiet?
I've never noticed any noise issues or any reason to believe its scaring away any fish. The way the front of the boat is shaped seems to break the waves down and not cause too much noise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought the pelican fisher model which looks pretty much the same $1300 with tax delivered to house from Costco web site.I do not have a truck so I bought a small trailer that I can tow with my Sonota it works great.Instead of the trolling motor I have a 2.5hp motor which seems to be a perfect fit.I am going to get a mincota for the front next year.I really enjoy this boat it is easy to get in and out of the lake and due to the swivel seats is comfortable as well

·
Registered
109 Posts
i have another question about theses little boats ? i was on the canadian tire website looking at them and the wieght capacity.
the web site lists them to handle 474 lbs but when i went upto the store in dartmouth crossing to buy it. i looked again and the plate on the boat says rated for 328 lbs.
sadly this is a real concern for me as i'm a 6' 300 lb man.
what is your rated for ? and how does it sit in the water?(does it ride low or hight through the water?)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Sounds like the website lists the US coast guard rating and the boat tag has the Canadian one, every boat I've owned, the rating tag listed both, with the Canadian ratings being more conservative.

Greg

1 - 20 of 115 Posts