Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
There are none that I know of. Probably the most informative is the Bassmaster magazine. They used to be almost exclusively LMB but, within the last few years, the SMB has been given the respect, and the print space that it deserves. The magazine, InFisherman has very good articles... some writen by Canadians. It is a multi species magazine originally founded by the Lindner family who are unabashed Smallmouth fans. We do have Canadian Sport Fishing, founded by Canada's most famous convicted professional piscatorial poachers, Henry Waszchuck and Italo Labignan. On occasion, some good Bass articles have been printed therein. Bob Izumi has a magazine which is very informative (multi specie mag)and whose name escapes me but can be obtained from the magazine store on the corner of Morris and Queen as well as the mag section of Chapters. You could also add Outdoor Canada as well as Ontario Outdoors from the OFAH but they are not exclusively bass although they sometimes have articles on the topic you enquired about. Regards.....

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Re; Eastern Woods and Waters. I don't believe so.....It was good while it lasted but, it too, was hunting and multi specie angling. Regards.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are none that I know of. Probably the most informative is the Bassmaster magazine. They used to be almost exclusively LMB but, within the last few years, the SMB has been given the respect, and the print space that it deserves. The magazine, InFisherman has very good articles... some writen by Canadians. It is a multi species magazine originally founded by the Lindner family who are unabashed Smallmouth fans. We do have Canadian Sport Fishing, founded by Canada's most famous convicted professional piscatorial poachers, Henry Waszchuck and Italo Labignan. On occasion, some good Bass articles have been printed therein. Bob Izumi has a magazine which is very informative (multi specie mag)and whose name escapes me but can be obtained from the magazine store on the corner of Morris and Queen as well as the mag section of Chapters. You could also add Outdoor Canada as well as Ontario Outdoors from the OFAH but they are not exclusively bass although they sometimes have articles on the topic you enquired about. Regards.....
Thanks!!! I've seen most of those magazines that you have talked about, but not the bassmaster magazine. Is there anyplace around town that carries it that you know of? Thanks!

Bob

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks!!! I've seen most of those magazines that you have talked about, but not the bassmaster magazine. Is there anyplace around town that carries it that you know of? Thanks!

Bob
Try Chapters, and their is a magazine store in Halifax on Queen Street that has just about every magazine you could ever want.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Some years ago, I used to purchase Bassmaster Magazine from a newsstand. Since then, I got a subscription and I haven't seen them on newsstands any more. I suspect that if you Google Bassmaster Magazine,you can get directions as to how to obtain a subscription,I think they also publish a newspaper style edition called Bass Times. There is another publication called BASS which is available on the newsstand without subscription. If I were to pick one it would be Bassmaster. Hope this helps. Regards....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts