Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Has anyone here ever bought one of the bamboo fly rods advertised on Ebay? They are made in China and appear to be well made at least from the photo. While I would like a 7', #3 or #4 weight bamboo rod I can't justify the cost being asked by North American bamboo rod makers. It's not that I need one it's just that I would like to fish with one on small streams. I already have 4 rods in the 3, 4 and #6 weight range which cover my needs for trout and even salmon if I choose to fish for them. However, I am a trout fisherman and love fishing for them regardless of their size since they all go back anyway.
If any of you have any experience with the Chinese bamboo rods please let me know your experience with them? Thank you.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
quality over cost
Exactly, it's like all those cheap flies that are coming from there, not worth sh**. I don't trust buying anything from over there.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Woolybugger for the suggestions. While I would like to get a bamboo rod it will have to be at a great price, meaning cheap. My other hobby is photography and that is very expensive but what isn't these days. Because I have 4 trout rods already, it is not as though I need another one to fish trout. I had hoped someone on this forum might have tried one of the Chinese rods. Thank you again for your suggestion though it is appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts