Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Compre rods, Sahara reels, Power Pro line and Yamamoto baits =

What do you prefer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've recently taken the plunge and purchased a St. Croix Imperial Switch rod 11' 8 weight. It's a beautiful rod! It lists as fast but it's medium-fast at best. I've been learning how to do some spey casts with it ( I have a 12 weight shooting head loaded on it for using it with spey casts ) and can easily hit 120' with a switch cast. I've installed it with a shooting head system so when I want to overhead cast or I have no plans of spey casting and can just swap off the end 20' onto the running line and BAM. I've got a monster saltwater caster! This rod also single hands very well though I wouldn't want to be doing it all day haha. The nicest thing about this rod is even though it's an 8 weight, while you're doing your spey casts it doesn't splash the water and make a mess. I've got a 11 ft leader with an addition 6 feet of tippet for almost everything except large muddlers and it land VERY softly on the water. So, if you are looking for an affordable fly "Cannon" that you can single hand cast as well, this is your rod!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
FM- How do u keep thousands of frogs and thousands of salamanders alive? Do you breed them or import them?? What are your prices for frogs and salamanders?? Regards...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Shakespear uglystick rod with a snapshot reel using florocarbon, which I'm not overly impressed with...going back to firewire next year.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have not met too many lures I did not like.

Crucials, Stradics to Stella's and Power Pro.
Hey Mark, how are things going down your way? Water temps are rising and the fishing is getting better here...slow start but well worth the wait.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Shakespear uglystick rod with a snapshot reel using florocarbon, which I'm not overly impressed with...going back to firewire next year.
Just had to tell you that I love the signature at the end of your posts. Makes me laugh everytime I see it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just had to tell you that I love the signature at the end of your posts. Makes me laugh everytime I see it.
lol...here's a little tip...keep no reciepts!

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
lol...here's a little tip...keep no reciepts!
I always chuckle at that signature line, too. I'm more worried that my wife will sell my stuff while I'm still alive, though!

·
Registered
18 Posts
shimano stradic reel, fenwick legacy ultralight and berkley vanish flurocarbon line seems to work alright...

couldn't agree with you fellas more about the rapalas though, pretty dependable... but I like my tubes too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just Picked Up a Pfleuger President Reel with Berkley Lightning Rod on Berkley Vanish fluro, Got to say the Tubes have been working pretty well for me, as well as grubs, Topwater Original Raps and the Torpedos seem to do the trick too

1 - 20 of 23 Posts