Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
i agree with all the flies above plus i have a few of my own to suggest muddler minnow-----zonker strip minnows ----stonefly nymphs---hares ear nymphs zonker muddlers----black leach fly---mayfly---march brown---any kind of streamer----lots of other flies to pick some flys and see whats best all the best good luck and tight lines

·
Registered
111 Posts
early on while fishing the lakes, march brown / dark montreal hands down the most productive fly i've ever used, great till mid / late june.

i soak mine in floatent with a 2-3 lb tippet, and pull it fast, you want to see "v" s comming from the front of the fly , making it's own waves

now you got me all worked up and teary eyed thinking about it .

·
NSH Mod
34 Posts
I have great success with Hellgramite patterns in early April, especially Reg Baird's hellgramite pattern. Along with that I would say that the Mickey Finn, conehead wooly's & conehead muddlers as well as the Dark Montreal have been my favorites for that time of year. I did have a great afternoon fishing some fast water in April a few years ago with a Grizzly King, but have not had any success worth mentioning with it since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.