Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only gone once and I was wondering if anyone with a fair amount of experience with these bad boys could take me out for a trip and show me a few things. Right now I have no idea where to go, what to use, etc. I have a deep sea rod that I used last time so I'm assuming I'd need that.

I read in another thread that they pick back up in September, so would anyone be willing to take me out for a trip? I'm willing to travel quite a ways. Oh and don't worry, I'm a very respectful fisherman and would releasing anything I catch (CPR!)

Thanks,
Billy

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi Billy, as you know I am newish to NS so I don't have alot of experience with striped bass ,but luckily they are very simular to the european sea bass which I do have experience with. I have done my homework and know where and when to go, all it needs is for the bass to play ball. I have caught a few small ones and lost a much bigger one, so I must be doing something right. I have a beach rod that you can borrow, you'll need a reel tho'. I have tomorrow off so I'm going to try the morning low tide, you need to try things to see if they work. I'll be going again at weekend, let me know if you wana go

·
Registered
113 Posts
I will be able to show you a couple things about striper fishing hen i get back to nova scotia. i will be moving back mid sept and striper fishing soon after. drop me a email if interested.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've only gone once and I was wondering if anyone with a fair amount of experience with these bad boys could take me out for a trip and show me a few things. Right now I have no idea where to go, what to use, etc. I have a deep sea rod that I used last time so I'm assuming I'd need that.

I read in another thread that they pick back up in September, so would anyone be willing to take me out for a trip? I'm willing to travel quite a ways. Oh and don't worry, I'm a very respectful fisherman and would releasing anything I catch (CPR!)

Thanks,
Billy
I head up to Five Islands/Economy most weekends. Got restless last weekend and tried Saint's Reste and Great Village. The small ones are running now. I released 5 this weekend, the biggest was about 19 inches. Welcome to try to join up at any point. 'Bout 2 hours of driving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts