Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They look pretty awesome! I have been looking for a boat that I can put on my car and came across the Porta bote. It is a fold up boat that can plane with 2.5hp.looks really stable and easy to use.

I was hoping someone on here had tried one before and could lend some advice on how good they are.

http://www.porta-bote.com/hi-performance

·
Registered
879 Posts
I know someone who has one, I don't have any experience with it and he's in Florida right now so I can't ask anything about it, I will when he gets back, as for current dealers I'm not sure but I seem to remember seeing them years ago at either boat or sport and rv shows

·
Registered
35 Posts
an older fella I know has two of them , they break down to about the size of a surf board . Really compact when folded up and when opened they are almost 55" inches wide . he has been using them for almost ten years now and I had thought that the seams would have let go as they are just a flexible plastic for a hinge but has proven to be very tough . Only downfall is you have to make several trips to carry it as the seats and all the components come off when you fold it up .. oh and the price , they are somewhere around $2500.00 . Oddly enough they both came from Florida and were brought back up after winter vacation .

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Would love to find a used one. Looks like ontario or the states are the only option for used. Might have to get a new one since it seems perfect for my needs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts