Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is planning on Striper fishing the shubie or stewiacke and dont mind someone tagging along please let me know! my car is in the shop right now!

·
Registered
575 Posts
If anyone is planning on Striper fishing the shubie or stewiacke and dont mind someone tagging along please let me know! my car is in the shop right now!
I wont be going up this weekend I don't think but I can probably next weekend.

Even if your car's out of the shop it would be nice to have someone to go with (especially since I'm new to striper fishing lol)

Let me know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea for sure that sounds good. I should have my car ready to go soon enough i hope! do you fly fish?

I wont be going up this weekend I don't think but I can probably next weekend.

Even if your car's out of the shop it would be nice to have someone to go with (especially since I'm new to striper fishing lol)

Let me know.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yea for sure that sounds good. I should have my car ready to go soon enough i hope! do you fly fish?
I haven't since I had a 6' rod as a kid.. I've been trying my girlfriend's father's rod lately and picking it back up a bit, but I haven't got my own rod. So I mostly use my trusty Ugly Stick!

EDIT: With that being said.. I'm assuming you're an experienced fly fisherman (by your name) .. if you wanted to give me some tips on some gear to use that doesn't cost too much I'm very willing to try and do some fly fishing!

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you don't mind, could you give us all a report on how you do (whatever day you end up going)?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're going to fly fish for stripers you're gona need a decent weight rod like a 7-8 weight. If you're fishing tidal waters it might be best to get some gear that is resistant and wont corrode to saltwater. If you're still interested in heading out pls let me know!

·
Registered
575 Posts
If you're going to fly fish for stripers you're gona need a decent weight rod like a 7-8 weight. If you're fishing tidal waters it might be best to get some gear that is resistant and wont corrode to saltwater. If you're still interested in heading out pls let me know!
I've been so busy lately it's ridiculous lol. Next weekend I'm probably busy both days (playing in the Play On ball hockey tourney) and I get off work @ 4:30 in hammonds plains throughout the week.. If you could get to bedford or hammonds plains for that time we could go for a few hours in the evening? If not, the weekend after next I should be free to go. Don't know if that's too late or what.

·
1,353 Posts
Flyfisherman, great looking flies on the gallery. I fish stripers with the fly and never ceases to amaze me the strenghth of the fish on the first run. Watching your backing dissapear and hopeing the fish will turn keeps you pumped for sure. You have the flies now you just need the fish!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
i've never fished stripers before but from looking at the pics of them on here ,i want to.i live in eastern passage, i have a little 12ft aluminum boat and 6hp motor. the only person i know to go fishing with is my uncle who is gone trucking for a month or so at a time. so if anyone wants to plan a fishing trip i'd be up for it. so far this year i've only been going out after trout.
ps i'm not a kid that you have to worry about,i'm 37 yrs old.

ok after reading this i'm a little put off due to fact it sounds like a friggin sigles ad lol
THAT IS NOT THE CASE I ASSURE YOU !!!
i just want to go fishing and maybe learn how to go after other fish

1 - 12 of 12 Posts