1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Looking on google maps for places to fish
Some lakes im looking at on google maps are:

Sandy Lake (hammonds plains)
Anderson Lake (Dartmouth)

im gonna keep adding to this, but these are the 1st 2 i was wondering about.

Cheers

·
Registered
136 Posts
try dowmloading Goggle Earth and then download the program attachment KMZ Topo Maps. its up to date sat shots, some lake you can see the color of peoples clothes when they are fishing in a boat, but you have to sitxh it to birds eye view.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
try dowmloading Goggle Earth and then download the program attachment KMZ Topo Maps. its up to date sat shots, some lake you can see the color of peoples clothes when they are fishing in a boat, but you have to sitxh it to birds eye view.
this is how i found them

·
Registered
212 Posts
I actually fish in Sandy lake sometimes. I have never heard of any trout being in there... I go fishing in it for bass. So far this year I have caught some smaller ones - none really of a great size but a friend of mine caught a pretty big one about 2 week ago. Its a nice lake - give it a try if you like fishing for bass. Cheers

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually fish in Sandy lake sometimes. I have never heard of any trout being in there... I go fishing in it for bass. So far this year I have caught some smaller ones - none really of a great size but a friend of mine caught a pretty big one about 2 week ago. Its a nice lake - give it a try if you like fishing for bass. Cheers
bass i something ive been looking for (yet to fish for them)
are you catching them with crankbaits, softbaits. may actually this place up tomorrow morning if all goes well.

·
Registered
212 Posts
bass i something ive been looking for (yet to fish for them)
are you catching them with crankbaits, softbaits. may actually this place up tomorrow morning if all goes well.
So far I've just been using the soft baits - some 7" power worms mostly. You can give anything a try though when they are in the mood they go after pretty well anything. Lets us know how ya do.

·
Banned
767 Posts
Looking on google maps for places to fish
Some lakes im looking at on google maps are:

Sandy Lake (hammonds plains)
Anderson Lake (Dartmouth)

im gonna keep adding to this, but these are the 1st 2 i was wondering about.

Cheers
Hi;

I could be wrong but I was told that Anderson Lake is on military property and "off limits" to the general public. Supposed to have some nice rainbows in it, but how's a fella to know?

cheers,

chuck

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
I could be wrong but I was told that Anderson Lake is on military property and "off limits" to the general public. Supposed to have some nice rainbows in it, but how's a fella to know?
It's only partially-bordered by military property. Never heard of 'bows in there, but I've heard of SMB. It's also home to the whitefish project.

Paul

·
Registered
546 Posts
Sent you a pm Ouird

James

·
Banned
767 Posts
It's only partially-bordered by military property. Never heard of 'bows in there, but I've heard of SMB. It's also home to the whitefish project.

Paul
Hi Paul;

How do you get into it without going through a military gate? I've never been.

cheers,

chuck

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Hi Paul;

How do you get into it without going through a military gate? I've never been.

cheers,

chuck
Never been, but I know of somebody who hikes in off Rocky Lake Road via the trails that follow the power line (not far from Havill's Mini Homes). From Google Earth, there also appear to be ATV trails accessible via Burnside Industrial Park.

Paul

·
Banned
767 Posts
Never been, but I know of somebody who hikes in off Rocky Lake Road via the trails that follow the power line (not far from Havill's Mini Homes). From Google Earth, there also appear to be ATV trails accessible via Burnside Industrial Park.

Paul
Hi;

Yeah, I know a fella who's done the power line hike. But to me that sort of hike is just not on.

thanks,

chuck

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Yeah, I know a fella who's done the power line hike. But to me that sort of hike is just not on.
So I take it that piggy-backing me up that hill is out of the question...????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts