Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Admin
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I wanted to take this time to personally thank you for your interest and dedication to NovaScotiaFishing.com and to let you know that NovaScotiaFishing.com has been acquired by VerticalScope Inc.

My decision to transfer ownership was not taken lightly and required a great amount of consideration. After much due diligence, it was evident that VerticalScope has the experience, understanding, and resources to both maintain and to grow NovaScotiaFishing.com.

How does this affect you? The beautiful part is, it doesn't affect you at all. Other than a new admin behind the scenes, NovaScotiaFishing.com continues as it always has and I look forward to watching it thrive.

The past 13 years of operating this site has been an incredible journey to say the least. To all of you who have offered your support and encouragement over the years, thank you. It has been greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to being a site member, spending more time with my young family and having more time to actually be out on the water :)

Tight lines

David Doggett (dave)

·
Administrator
110 Posts
Hello,

Just wanted to introduce my self to you all. My name is Philip and I am a community manager for VerticalScope and will be taking over the WebMaster duties for David. I am here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current staff easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please post them.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will be around for years to come. It's our goal to work with your board staff to help provide the resources and required to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, You as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while staff keep the walls and the roof up in this place; We are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and it's paramount that we maintain this level of integrity.

What am I here for?

My primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier you all built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am here keeping the lights on inside. I will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

I do look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.

·
Administrator
110 Posts
I live in toronto, when I lived in the Baja in mexico one of my roomates ran a fishing blog and we fished regularly in the sea of cortez. I have visited Novascotia recently, actually its where I proposed to my financee and really really enjoyed the week we spent in Halifax.

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
I live in toronto, when I lived in the Baja in mexico one of my roomates ran a fishing blog and we fished regularly in the sea of cortez. I have visited Novascotia recently, actually its where I proposed to my financee and really really enjoyed the week we spent in Halifax.
"Financee"...? I like ya already. Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
197 Posts
did she say yes or did she get one look at all us handsome bluenose fellas and tell ya to have a nice flight back to upper Canada? lol a belated welcome to nova scotia and to nova scotia fishing

·
Administrator
110 Posts
She did, I had a little help from the kind folks at the atalantica hotel delivering the ring with room service. We are planning a trip to halifax in May again for next year. She has to go there for work for a weekend and I tag along. We are considering adding a day or two to the trip. If anyone has suggestions for places other than downtown Halifax I am all ears. :) The lady loves lobster (she grew up with fresh seafood on long island NY), I am allergic to lobster but can have just about everything else.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Thanks, Dave, for all of your time and effort over the years.

Welcome Philip.

Regards....

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey Philip and WELCOME, I'm a regular Ontario-NS-Ontario traveller, just landed back in Huntsville for the Winter. May be back in Streetsville in Spring doing some house renovations, where do you live in Toronto?.

·
Administrator
110 Posts
Live in the west end of the downtown, they call it the junction. The office is right downtown so this is the closest I can afford to being not too far from work and still being in a quiet neighborhood. :)

·
Administrator
110 Posts
That looks wonderful! though I suspect probably a better visit for us in the summer time? our next trip will be in may and I was still with a thick coat this past may.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts