Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about heading out to one of the all season lakes in the HRM today. I don't have any live bait is there another good suggestion? Also anyone recommend any of the lakes? I have never fished in the fall before. Thanks in advance

·
457 Posts
orange power bait always seems to be pretty effective for stocked bows

and for pickerel i would go with a rapala this time of year my fav is the pike pattern this time of year
and if i where going to go for pickerel i would hit fish lake if fishing from shore

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I went to fish lake and no luck and then went to Kinsac 2 hours not a bite - last cast of the day landed an 18 inch pickeral - my fist ever yay. Bloody thing literally swallowed the whole rapala

·
Registered
296 Posts
still haulin pickeral out of Kinsac on flukes of all things.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've been doing pretty well the last month or so with the stocked bows, You might have some luck the with the fly rod Shienar,

They were quite active and jumping all over the lake beginning and middle of the month, raised a few nice ones on the fly and caught some nice ones on tiny marabou jigs I tied up tipped with some gulp maggots, biggest was a little over 13''. I went out last Thursday and they were a bit slower, But still biting the jigs, and saw a few nice fish jumping still.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts