Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Admin
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting some reports from what seems to be only Aliant (Bell) customers that they can't get to the sites. Looking to see if anyone that is currently able to access the site is using Internet by Aliant (Bell). If you are, please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Dave, I was last night on my home computer, but this morning seemed alright, my mobile is also through Bell Aliant and it's been working fine.
I'll mention my home is dial-up and was chalking it up to that.

Greg.

·
Registered
46 Posts
HI Dave, I tried accessing the websites from home (Aliant/Bell high speed) and could not. At work (Eastlink high speed) they work like a charm. Tried different browsers and adjusting security settings to no avail.......

·
Banned
613 Posts
I am using Omniglobe's wireless service, that is using Eastlink bandwidth, and I have had no issuses with the site so far!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Getting some reports from what seems to be only Aliant (Bell) customers that they can't get to the sites. Looking to see if anyone that is currently able to access the site is using Internet by Aliant (Bell). If you are, please let me know. Thanks.
CBC:

BellAliant cellphones and landlines aren't working on Cape Breton Island, including 911 service.

A company spokesman said a cable was cut in the Dutch Brook area. He said service should be restored by 2 p.m.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/06/02/ns-phone-cape-breton.html#ixzz0piQ27Qng

I would assume this would tie into Internet as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The whole site was timing out on Aliant DSL around 10 AM, seems to be working fine now.

Edit: Scratch that, it's still giving "Server cannot be found" and timing out occasionally. Pinging shows "General Failure" for some packets, and trace route fails after the New York (Bell) hop if that helps.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
hey dave, finally got er going eh? we are using aliant bumped me yesturday but just got on here tonight fine

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well Dave last night I couldn't to night the ol fielddog is back in.It's good to see the site back up and running.I'm also registered to the hunting site which is where I normally hang out.Anyways I like what I see. fielddog

1 - 14 of 14 Posts