Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
C for Customer Service eh...LMAO! Too Funny! Yes Perry I'm coming down for a warm up LOL! Glad to hear Canada Post came through my friend, I hope they do the trick for you!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I can second Perry on the Bonefish run, this is probably the first time you will hear a staccato clacking as the line and backing knot goes flying through the eyes of the rod, imagine standing by the freeway and hooking a passing Ducati. You will need 150 to 200m of backing and wind like a mad mad when they turn back on you. I was looking at flights down south for next winter, Orlando 500 bucks round trip to go to Mosquito Lake for Red Fish. Anyone been there?.

·
1,353 Posts
I would go to Southwest Passage on the Mississippi below New Orleans. Great Redfish and Jack Crevelles fishing.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've never been to that part of the US Perry, my wife went to NO on business and felt pretty scared and that was during the day. I'd like to find a place close to a resort/beach where I can leave her in peace and safety with a large rum and fruit punch big enough to hold a golf umbrella.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've been on a few trips to the Fort Pierce/Port St Lucie/Stuart area.

Reds, Snook, Jacks, Pompano, LadyFish, and... Tarpon

The Tarpon in the Lagoons aren't large (by Tarpon standards) but hey any 25-40 lb fish on a fly rod has to be a thrill

So far have hooked (and lost) one (about 50lbs) and had another, about 30lbs follow right to the boat and refuse.

A bit like salmon, lots of fishing and not so much catching

Ladyfish are a smaller relative - I don't think people eat them but they sure do like to be in the air when they're hooked - they only run to about 8 or 9 pounds on a 7 weight they give a pretty good show

There are miles of flats that are wadeable - the only trouble is finding a place to park that's near the water where you won't get towed away.

If you're wading you don't need a guide or a license. If you're in a boat you need a license but they don't cost much

If you want to go on a "tropical" fishing trip that doesn't cost much, the East coast of Florida is highly recommended

PS it's not a long stretch from Orlando to that part of the world

·
Registered
304 Posts
I flew from Labrador to Saint John,NB and back over the past 3 days on AC. I got stuck in Halifax the first night, 7 hrs of delays in 2 airports yesterday and they lost my suit case today....All that for only $1926!!!!! I love Air Canada!

·
1,353 Posts
I thought I heard screams of frustration coming from the airport when I came back from Moncton!

When you say suit case does that mean you have a suit?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Doesn't everyone have a suit Perry...LOL

Hope other than airline troubles that your trip wen twell Roland

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yes that was me screaming Perry and yes I have several suits(a survival suit, a swim suit, a santa suit, Oh yes a real suit for interviews) !!! Other than the trip all went well Mike, hopefully will have the offer by weeks end!

I forgot to mention in my above post that AC "misplaced" my suit case on my incoming trip to Halifax for 3 hrs as well!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts