Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I work for a local television production company, Arcadia Content. We're filming a 12x 30mins wildlife series on east coast wildlife in 4K resolution(essentially 4xHD). We want to feature Shad as one of our episodes.

I would be very appreciative to the local shad fishing community if you could keep us us in the loop when the Shad have come down to spawn on the nine mile river.

From what I've heard/read, historically that occurs at the beginning of May. With the harsh winter we've had do you think that will push the season back a few weeks?

I'd love to get an approximate schedule in place.

This is a David Attenborough style doc, where the creatures are our main characters. There are no interviews, it's just 100% about the Shad.

Also, I feel like i should mention that we're a non-intrusive bunch. Essentially, it would be just one or two camerapersons getting great shots, so we wouldn't be intruding on your game.

Please feel free to contact me on my cell 902-430-6339 or by email [email protected] or by replying to this forum with any info you may have regarding the shad.

Thanks for your help in what will be a guaranteed visually ground breaking TV series for the Maritimes!

·
Registered
405 Posts
does it have to be on the Nine Mile, Cobiquid Salmon Association is having a Shad Derby on the Stewiacke in Birch Hill the week end after the long week end in May ,theres a great turn out and lots of fish hooked there . And it is right off the road . And has a awesome scenery .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts