Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of repowering in the spring, is anyone here using the 9.9 4stroke Mercury, if so what do you think.

Thanks
Greg

·
Registered
84 Posts
Greg while not a 9.9 I am using a 15 Mercury 4 stroke. I love it, it starts easy is quiet and is very smooth. The only draw back is the increased weight of the 4 stroke over a 2 stroke of the same horsepower. It also requires an oil change and filter annually, but there is no need to mix gas and oil so it runs much cleaner. All in all I would buy another.

·
Registered
806 Posts
again , though not a 9.9, i had a 25 four stroke merc..it was an absolute fantastic engine. i'd suggest anyone with an engine smaller than 40 horse to go with a 4 stroke personally.imo.

later, jonathan

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I've done my research and of all the players the Merc is the lightest and best priced, just nice to hear from people that are using them

Greg

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update, it took me a couple of years Lol, but this morning I pulled the trigger on a 9.9 Honda, just have to wait for it to come in, they've come down a bit in price and the Mercs have gone up, plus Honda has a 250.00 incentive right now, ten pounds heavier than the Merc, but I've lost twenty so the stern will still ride higher ;)

Cheers
Greg

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a mercury 9.9 and it is great. I might be interested in selling it. It's a 4 stroke and 3 years old, maitained every winter and stored indoors. P.M me if you would like to talk more about it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a mercury 9.9 and it is great. I might be interested in selling it. It's a 4 stroke and 3 years old, maitained every winter and stored indoors. P.M me if you would like to talk more about it.
Thanks, but I'll be sticking with the honda

1 - 7 of 7 Posts