Shubenacadie First Nation's
5th Annual Striped Bass Derby
Stewiacke River, Hwy #2 (Stewiacke, NS.)
Postponed to Saturday May 16, 8am - 7pm
Ages: 10 & under
18 & over
- Longest Bass
1st, 2nd & 3rd
1st & 2nd
- Longest Eel
Awarded to greatest overall combined length of multiple catches!
Grand prize winner of 2014 took home a Jon Boat with e-motor & accessories!
All Non Aboriginal and Aboriginal people are welcome
- NO ENTRY FEE - that's right, it is absolutely FREE!!
- NO FISHING LICENSE required for participants - that's right…not needed!
- Bait, lures & flies are permitted (transporting living fish is prohibited)
- All anglers must register their name and contact information prior to fishing
- Only registered anglers qualify for derby prizes & random draw prizes
- Shoreline angling only, no watercraft
- Hook & release only
- Children must be in the care of an adult at ALL times
- Representatives from DFO, DNR, SBA, Acadia University and MCG will be on site to give assistance and/or answer any questions
- Anglers may not fish with more than one rod at a time, with not more than one hook attached to that line. The hook may be single, double or triple
- There will be a one hour break at 3pm on Saturday. (10 years and under division finished at this time-prizes will be awarded). Anything caught during that time will not qualify for the derby.
- For the safety and respect of everyone, this event is alcohol and drug free
- All Stripers will be measured from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail
Please contact me on my cell at 805.0145 or email [email protected] if you have any questions
Together, WE ARE BUILDING COMMUNITY RELATIONSHIPS