Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Admin
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note that on August 11th we are planning to host the 2nd annual Kayak Fishing Fun Day. The format will be very much like last years event but will also have a few new innovative ideas incorporated. Complete details will be posted soon but plan now to attend

Just for a general point of reference, here is the link to the thread on last years event:

http://novascotiafishing.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2289-nsf-kayak-fishing-fun-day-2011/

-dave

·
1,353 Posts
I hope there will be another format to decide a winner in case of a tie!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I am looking forward to this one,,I was out of town last year..as for ties i find the fairest way is draw the winner out of a hat
..now I just have to rig an anchor trolley on the new Yak

·
Registered
245 Posts
This sounds like a good day out on the water. I like the omission of powered boats as my aluminum row boat is pretty darn un maneuverable on big water and therefore at quite the disadvantage usually.

I think I'll be able to make it to this event!

·
Registered
77 Posts
This sounds like a blast to me ! I've just invested in my first Kayak and can't wait to get out and see what it's like. I hope to at least put one trip in on grand before the tourny so i have some what of an idea where the fish are hiding.. Anyways didn't mean to highjack the thread, I hope to make it out to this event !!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is the W.A.D.R.A launch area a public launch ? I plan on fishing grand tomorrow and as it is my first time, i don't know where to launch from ! Is it off of Alben Ln ??

Also any update on the tourny ?? I sail monday and might not get the chance to check for updates until the 10th.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
842 Posts
Is the W.A.D.R.A launch area a public launch ? I plan on fishing grand tomorrow and as it is my first time, i don't know where to launch from ! Is it off of Alben Ln ??

Also any update on the tourny ?? I sail monday and might not get the chance to check for updates until the 10th.

Thanks,
Mike
Mick..there is a paved area there that you can park on and then an easy drag to the water..or you may have to park in the grassy area there..easy spot to find ,,look at my link,,I would love to go there tommow but I cannot get out till sunday.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=35+kings+road,+wellington,+nova+scotia&hl=en&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=47.833715,104.853516&vpsrc=0&z=17

·
Admin
551 Posts
Ok gang... here's the official information about the Kayak Fishing Fun Day taking place next Saturday, August 11th! Hope to see many of you there

If you are planning to attend, please be sure to bring exact change for entry.

Here are the event rules...

NOVASCOTIAFISHING.COM / ATLANTIC WINDS ADVENTURE KAYAK FISHING FUN DAY RULES

1. DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES ARE FINAL!!! THERE ARE NO APPEALS.

BY PAYING YOUR $20.00 ENTRY FEE, YOU BECOME AN ENTRANT, AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ALL RULES HAVE BEEN READ AND AGREED TO, AND WILL BE OBEYED BY YOU. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ATLANTIC WINDS ADVENTURES, NOVASCOTIAFISHING.COM OR ANY EVENT ORGANIZERS, JUDGES, VOLUNTEERS ETC. WILL BE HELD BLAMELESS AND CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE IN THE EVENT OF ANY INJURIES OR DEATH SUFFERED WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT.

2. THE CONTEST AREA IS TO BE ALL LEGAL NOVA SCOTIA WATERS (SALT & FRESH).
ANGLING TIMES TO BE 0800-1500HRS 11AUGUST2012. JUDGES WILL BE TIMEKEEPERS. NO GRACE PERIOD.
ALL ENTRANTS MUST BE CHECKED IN AT LAUNCH BY 1500HRS.
A PREDICTED EXTREME WEATHER EVENT(HURRICANE, TYPHOON, TORNADO) WILL BE THE ONLY CAUSE FOR CANCELLATION.
(RAIN IS NOT AN EXTREME WEATHER EVENT) IN THE EVENT OF RAIN AND AN ELECTRICAL STORM, IT IS EXPECTED THAT
ALL ENTRANTS WILL EXERCISE CAUTION AND USE COMMON SENSE AND GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP.

3. ALL LAWS, STATUTES, RULES, REGULATIONS, FEDERAL, PROVINCIAL, AND MUNICIPAL, ARE TO BE OBEYED BY ALL PARTICIPANTS. VIOLATIONS MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.

.4. ALL WATERCRAFT, PRIMARILY DESIGNED TO BE PADDLED, PEDALLED, OR ROWED, (SUCH AS KAYAKS, CANOES, PUNTS, OR ROWBOATS) ARE WELCOME. MODIFIED KAYAKS ARE ALSO WELCOME. PARTICIPANTS ARE EXPECTED TO SUPPLY THEIR OWN WATERCRAFT FOR THE COMPETITION OR FISH FROM THE SHORE. DEMO KAYAKS ARE NOT PROVIDED FOR COMPETITION.

5. ANY LEGAL MANNER OF ANGLING IN NOVA SCOTIA IS ACCEPTABLE AS IS ANY LEGAL BAIT.

6. ANY ENTRANT MAY ALSO ANGLE, ON FOOT FROM SHORE.

7. ALL ENTRANTS MUST HAVE A DIGITAL CAMERA WITH WHICH TO RECORD HIS/HER CATCH.

8. THIS IS PROBABLY THE ONLY EVENT IN YOUR LIFE WHERE SIZE DOES NOT COUNT!!! IT IS THE SPECIE ONLY.

9. ANY CRAFT, POWERED BY, OR ASSISTED BY ANY ENGINE, (INTERNAL COMBUSTION OR OTHERWISE) EXCEEDING 2.5 HP WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.

10. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FUN FILLED ANGLING DAY. THE OBJECT OF WHICH IS TO CATCH, PHOTOGRAPH, AND RELEASE, THE GREATEST NUMBER OF VARIETIES OF FISH BY AN ENTRANT ANGLING FROM THE CONTEST WATERS, HAVE A BITE WITH YOUR "BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE ANGLE" AND ENJOY THE CAMARADERIE.

11. IN ORDER TO BE COUNTED, YOUR PHOTO "MUST" INCLUDE YOUR UNIQUE ID TAG YOU WERE PROVIDED WITH AND THE FISH YOU CAUGHT. THE PHOTO MUST BE CLEAR ENOUGH TO IDENTIFY BOTH THE TAG AND THE SPECIE OF FISH TO THE JUDGES.

12. OUR WINNER WILL BE DECLARED AS THE ANGLER WHO HAS SATISFIED THE JUDGES THAT HE/SHE HAS ANGLED THE GREATEST VARIETY OF FISH SPECIES.

13. IN THE EVENT OF A TIE IN THE NUMBER OF SPECIES ANGLED, THE JUDGES WILL DECIDE ON THE BASIS OF A CASTING ACCURACY COMPETITION WHO SHALL BE DECLARED THE WINNER.

14. THERE CAN ALWAYS BE ERRORS OR OMISSIONS FOUND IN RULES. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE TRYING TO EXPLOIT THEM FOR THEIR OWN BENEFIT. IT IS NOT OUR INTENTION FOR ENTRANTS TO COMPETE ON OTHER THAN A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD. THEREFORE, IF YOU DISCOVER A "LOOPHOLE", BRING IT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE JUDGES BEFORE YOU BEGIN AND GET A RULING. DO NOT RUN THE RISK OF BEING RULED AGAINST,(AND DISQUALIFIED) IF A QUESTION IS RAISED OR PROTEST MADE ABOUT THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU HAVE CONDUCTED YOURSELF.

15. GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP IS EXPECTED OF ALL ENTRANTS

16. THE DECLARED WINNER WILL HAVE HIS/HER NAME ENGRAVED ON THE TROPHY, RECEIVE HIS OWN "TAKE HOME" PLAQUE, GET "BRAGGING RIGHTS " FOR A YEAR AND "THE ENVELOPE" CONTAINING $100.00 IN CANADIAN CURRENCY.

17. ANY COMPLAINTS OR PROTESTS MUST BE MADE KNOWN TO THE JUDGES BEFORE 1515HRS (3:15pm LOCAL TIME).

18. ALL ENTRANTS ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE PARTICIPATION PRIZES (AN OCEAN RODEO DRYSUIT AND OTHER MISC. PRIZES ).

19. WE EXPECT THAT COMMON SENSE OUGHT TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTES/QUESTIONS, FAILING THAT..............

20. ..............................IMMEDIATELY REFER TO RULE#1.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If I read the rules correctly you do not have to limit your fishing to Grand Lake.. I wonder how many will actually leave the area to fish elsewhere and then return before check in time..I am surpired this has been changed from last years rules.. was this change due to the # that tied for first last year

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.