Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Billy that won't last if sheinar has anything to say abt it
lol that guy is on a mission
Haha I was talking to a friend today and mentioned the record still being there. I told her it's been 5 years now and she was like "what are you gonna do to celebrate the anniversary???" so I told her I'm gonna catch a bigger one and smash my own record!

Look out Shienar !

·
Registered
288 Posts
Haha I was talking to a friend today and mentioned the record still being there. I told her it's been 5 years now and she was like "what are you gonna do to celebrate the anniversary???" so I told her I'm gonna catch a bigger one and smash my own record!

Look out Shienar !
How does one go about getting your catch in the record books. Just in case

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

Look out Shienar !
I'd love to be thee when you do. I have heard abt big whites but all we have here are tons of stunted ones, they are fun enough on UL gear but would love to get into some big ones they can be scrappy! Maybe you will have to take us to some sometime this summer. Imagine the water will still be too cool when we come down with you and spastic so we'll have to concentrate on the trout this visit. can't wait

cheers GF

·
Registered
575 Posts
@Luciano: I was 15 or 16 at the time and my father did most of the work in getting it in the book so I may leave something out. We had to get it weighed by a registered scale (I think any butcher or the likes would have one) then there was a few papers to fill out and we had to include a few different measurements, plus pictures with tape measure for proof, plus picture of me with the fish. A bit of a hassle but if you really do have the record it's worth it

I'd love to be thee when you do. I have heard abt big whites but all we have here are tons of stunted ones, they are fun enough on UL gear but would love to get into some big ones they can be scrappy! Maybe you will have to take us to some sometime this summer. Imagine the water will still be too cool when we come down with you and spastic so we'll have to concentrate on the trout this visit. can't wait

cheers GF
Yeah definitely trout this time, but later in the year I'm sure we could get a trip together to target some perch.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Wow nice! Congrats to him and you both.

I'm still in the records with my 2lb perch
Oop's! Shouldn't have said anything!
I fish in a fundraiser trout tourney in Springfield, Anna. County every year and have regularly seen 2.5lb white perch come out of the lake on tournament day. I've never caught any big ones myself; but the locals seem to have the method down pat.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Oop's! Shouldn't have said anything!
I fish in a fundraiser trout tourney in Springfield, Anna. County every year and have regularly seen 2.5lb white perch come out of the lake on tournament day. I've never caught any big ones myself; but the locals seem to have the method down pat.
yes I have heard the stories abt springfeild maybe we hsould venture there Billy we could do it near the end of shad season and do a two for one deal?

·
Registered
575 Posts
yes I have heard the stories abt springfeild maybe we hsould venture there Billy we could do it near the end of shad season and do a two for one deal?
Sounds like a plan, now I've got to get a 3lb'er! I've also heard of people catching perch the size of mine but a 2.5lb sounds awesome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts