Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can someone please tell me where I can find the 2010 Salmon regulations online? I need to find what areas are open this year. Thanks.
I dont think they are online this year. I have mine in front of me. Areas 20,21,22 are closed all year. East river Pictou, West River Pictou, River Phillip, Wallace River, West River Antigonish, South River Antigonish are the only rivers open on the mainland this year but are NOT open until Sept.1 through Oct.31. Cape Breton has Margaree and North Rivers June 1 to Oct 31, North Aspy June 1 to July 15 and Sept 1 to Oct 31, Baddeck and Midddle Rivers Sept 1 to Oct 31. You are still allowed to retain fish in area 18 this season. Catch and release for area 19.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bit off topic - I'm thinking about doing an overnight canoe trip down river and I was thinking about trying the West river. Two questions:

1) Is the water level high enough or will I be portaging a lot.
2) How crowded is the river with salmon fishermen? I dont want to step on toes by passing through thier pools if I can avoid it.

Cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
West River Pictou the water is flat,
you can only go downstream under the old Highway 4 Bridge in Alma.

But its to early for Salmon, you can catch there some brookies and smallmouth bass, thats it.

rene from Germany

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey just looking for little bit of info....me and my friend was maybe going to river phillip for fishing next weekend and i seen that slamon season was only openning sept 1, is there trout in that river this time of year? and salmon? we'd probly just go catch and release for a little bit of fun...try new rivers....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts