14 replies to this topic

#1 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:42 AM

I am wanting to know far it is from the Oakfield Park Boat Launch to the Shubie River entrance and also how far are you able to travel down the river?

I may give it try in my small boat.. I heard there is good fishing in that area :)

#2 Gregory

Gregory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Ed do it, it's not far and your trolling motor should take you through, if the water is really low you can get out and still float your boat through, I'm hoping to get on Grand myself this coming weekend

#3 fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 908 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

I am wanting to know far it is from the Oakfield Park Boat Launch to the Shubie River entrance and also how far are you able to travel down the river?
I may give it try in my small boat.. I heard there is good fishing in that area :)

Your small boat is perfect for the River Ed but if the current is flowing fast you might have trouble getting back up the river into Grand. If so, you would have to get wet and walk it back up though the fast flowing spot. It's not too far from Oakfield for ya. Last year a couple Grand Lake tournaments had winning weights from the river. Take me with ya and I can show ya the good spots I used to fish with my old boat. I won't attempt the river with my 20 footer.

#4 tundrawalker1

tundrawalker1

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMount Uniacke

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

Holy crap yes, Ed, take Chris up there before June 28th, will ya!  Actually, before June 22 as we are not allowed to fish it for the 6 days before the tournament.  :)

#5 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

I may go there in between tournaments FF  not a lot of free weekends ..I  can clear less than 1 ft of water with my self and Mike in it,, did it last weekend and if I do hit some something the plastic boat bounces off and the Minnkota shaft DOES bend  :) We are thinking of trying to use my boat in a tourney  but only if the start is from the park.. we have it down to well  practiced dance now with the 2 of us in the little 10 ft..  :)

#6 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

Hmm may have to go this sunday morning ????? I may thow on the 6 hp.. would help with the current .

#7 fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 908 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

As far as I know CASA and BBB are using wadra launch this year but will try to make Oakfield a possibility (depends on how hard it is to get the key).

Pretty sure I won't be fishing the CASA Grand Lake event on the 29th due to the step son having a motocross race that same day.

#8 tundrawalker1

tundrawalker1

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMount Uniacke

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

Chris, not sure if it matters but the CASA Grand Lake tournament is on the 28th.  A Saturday.  Not sure if that makes a difference for you.

Looks like I am wrong.  It appears it is on the 29th.  Not sure what happened there.

#9 fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 908 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

lol. Yup only Saturday tourny this year is the BBB Micmac night event. I still might be able to fish on the 29th if his broken fingers are healed enough but it's looking like he will be able to. I missed all his races last year except one due to fishing all casa and BBB events so this year I have decided to miss the odd casa event if needed but have full intentions of fishing all the BBB ones.

#10 SeventhWave

SeventhWave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:44 PM

Does anyone know what time the gate at oakfield park opens?

#11 fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 908 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:34 AM

Does anyone know what time the gate at oakfield park opens?

Opened at 8am and closes at 8 pm

#12 SeventhWave

SeventhWave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:28 AM

Thanks fishing fanatic

#13 fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 908 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:35 AM

Thanks fishing fanatic

No prob

#14 coyote53

coyote53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Locationlower sackville

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:08 PM

Never ventured past the tracks on that river. But will someday.

#15 [email protected]

[email protected]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBrookfield

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:19 PM

Hello has anyone ever caught Tomcod in Grand. and if so what time of year. Thanks 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users